My RB Build History - a few words and a few pics!

Lovely bikes you gave built there Martin, as you know I hope all goes well with new pills. Thank you for your help in the past and sure there be more help to come. I class you as a very good friend of the biking world. ;)

I would like to put forward the suggestion to the guv and the mods, of perhaps furnishing wadsy with a special and much deserving banner under his name, for his hard work and constant commitment to the site, especially given the personnel circumstances.

I have to be honest here, he has constantly contributed to the forum, even when things cant have been easy, and brought us some stunning builds, that i suspect many of us would love to own, and we have all had the pleasure of viewing on his threads.

add to this the gentlemanly way in which he conducts himself when buying and selling here, he is a pleasure to deal with.

in my humble opinion, this deserves a special banner of some sort...!!!

keep it up wadsy my friend, you are a great example to other retrobikers in my opinion... :shock: :cool:

Some very nice bikes there, I imagine there's a large number of hours invested putting those all together.

sinnerman":1h6ls0hh said:
I would like to put forward the suggestion to the guv and the mods, of perhaps furnishing wadsy with a special and much deserving banner under his name, for his hard work and constant commitment to the site, especially given the personnel circumstances.

I have to be honest here, he has constantly contributed to the forum, even when things cant have been easy, and brought us some stunning builds, that i suspect many of us would love to own, and we have all had the pleasure of viewing on his threads.

add to this the gentlemanly way in which he conducts himself when buying and selling here, he is a pleasure to deal with.

keep it up wadsy my friend, you are a great example to other retrobikers in my opinion... :shock: :cool:

+1..nicely put bud..he is acomplete gent :cool: and very helpful when i purchased stubbsy XTR wheelset for my Kona Rasta Hot

I will second that ;)

Ernie ;)

ernie":1tnio7xp said:
sinnerman":1tnio7xp said:

+1..nicely put bud..he is acomplete gent :cool: and very helpful when i purchased stubbsy XTR wheelset for my Kona Rasta Hot

I will second that ;)

Ernie ;)

me too :cool:

John
in that line of thought, maybe time has come to create
"the order of retrobike merit"
or
"retrobike knight"

Wadsy certainly deserves that honour :idea: :D

This man is in ill health :shock:

He's definitely got an incurable case of the Retrobike sickness :cool:

When I'm no well i cant raise the strength to restore bikes to that level of loveliness or even get out my bed :roll:

And I thought I was in too deep...! What an unbelievable thread, even if many of them have been sold on. Must show my missus all this, to put my own modest collection in proportion.

I found Retrobike when I contacted a mate back in the UK I used to ride with back in the day, and who is still in the bike trade, with advice about reburbishing my old Specialized after 15 years of no cycling. I'd bought some modern magazines and didn't recognise anything at all, other than the Specialized logo. He said "you should have a look at a site called Retrobike, there's loads of stuff there you'd recognise."

Abandon hope all ye who enter here... :twisted:

Rich34":1et7zugn said:
And I thought I was in too deep...! What an unbelievable thread, even if many of them have been sold on. Must show my missus all this, to put my own modest collection in proportion.

I found Retrobike when I contacted a mate back in the UK I used to ride with back in the day, and who is still in the bike trade, with advice about reburbishing my old Specialized after 15 years of no cycling. I'd bought some modern magazines and didn't recognise anything at all, other than the Specialized logo. He said "you should have a look at a site called Retrobike, there's loads of stuff there you'd recognise."

Abandon hope all ye who enter here... :twisted:

I 'only' have the ones in my sig under the 'current' heading ;) all others have gone, as under the 'previous' heading in my sig ;)

Cheers

Back