A Tribute to my old Scott.. Finished (almost)

Another step ahead :) - beauty arrives today
Fast photo from my desk at work - not polished, without make-up ;)

NOS XT M 737 rear mech short cage
xttyl.jpg

Wheels are complete now!

Their short history:
I bought complete front wheel with blue Pulstar hub and Conorio rim. Next, after few weeks of searching, I found NOS rear hub in USA Next I was searching for another Conorio rim - it was not easy... But worst was still before me - straight spokes It was difficult, but finaly I found them in Poland
Also, I decide to lace them with blue ano nipples

And here they are:
DSCF1391.JPG

Obraz%2525201582.jpg

Weight: front 758g, rear 953g

well, as long as I haven't got an red Marzocchi XC700, all of this above was correct... But now a piece it isn't...

Finaly, after almost 3 Years of searching, I found in Poland red Zocchi, and I decide to put it to this frame
Why? in late '90 I had same frame as this with red XC700 It was my one and only bike then, so it was been used for training, racing, riding in mountains... for all
I decide to build a little tribute for those bike

Few pics from that time:
old-zocchi2.jpg

old-zocchi5.jpg

old-zocchi4.jpg

and single picture from today
zocchi.jpg

Hi,

I am not a particular fan of Scotts, but I think your project will result in a really great bike! I like it.

Cheers

Next step ahead:

when I changed forks (Mani2 => XC700) project starts looking a little bit younger than before
I decide to follow this direction and change also the shifters: XT thumbies will be replaced by NOS XT M740 Rapidfires - just pick up them!

xtshifters.jpg

I even start thinking about V brakes - as I remember I used Vs in similar frame many years...
so if this bike is kind of tribute for my old one, maybe with Vs they will be closer...?

I complete the bike!

gray-scale.jpg

Some parts will be changed (saddle, pedals) - I just cannot wait any more to finish this build and use what I have at home
More pics when weather will be better

Congrats Marcin. That looks very professional, but you also ride as a professional, so this is the right kit for you :cool: Looking forward to see it unveiled in full colour.

Back