Chain slip........I think?

1997BlackC5

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Looking for the collective's thoughts on my particular situation, I took my Specialized Crossroads Comp Hybrid to local bike shop last weekend to set up my brakes & gears after I had totally stripped & re-built the bike but ran out of time to get the gears & brakes done, (gears & brakes either take me an hour or all day to sort out).

Aug-Oct2011065.jpg

Anyway Monday & Tuesday this week she's been running like a dream, at this point I should say that I have replaced cassette & chain with a 11 / 32 Cassette & a 9 speed chain. Then Wednesday, Thursday & Friday (today) when riding I seem to be getting chain slip as it feels like the bike is changing gear on the cassette (without actually going one up or down on the cassette). The Bike shop did remove one whole link from my new chain but I am wondering whether or not another link needs to be removed? I have tried adjusting the barrel adjusters 1/8 of a turn at a time, but to no avail. I will probably be taking it back to the shop this weekend but I thought I would canvas opinion first.

hmm could be a number of things

worn chain rings

stiff link in chain

worn jockey wheels

bent mech hanger

loose mech bolt

worn bottom bracket

loose chain rings

loose chain set on spindle

loose cassette

loose wheel bearings

incorrect b stop adjustment

check all of those and if its none of them then not sure tbh.

Back