Deal extreme/Ebay 900 lumen lights

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Aye, just unscrew the bezel and change the lens. The hardest part is getting it to line up as the final wee bit of thread turns the lens slightly. I'll report back tomorrow :)

lens

yeh be interested to see what you think of it? if you can? try and post a pic up of the beam pattern.

cheers. :cool:

I never got a pic but the beam spreader works a treat, nice even spread a bit more than the width of a fire road, ideal. It does reduce the light output a little but not too bad. I'm totally impressed with the whole package.

We have a bad section where car drive along side the bike path with full beam on, blinding us to the potholes, a quick switch to flash mode and they dip their lights :)

I have the deal extreme "Assault" XM-L 1200 lumen light. (It could be ebay, I will have to check LMAO).

After having held a magicshine P7 light, it is at least 50% heavier than that due to the casing. The light itself is better built I reckon, including using thermal paste on the LED, and has a solid metal sink section that screws into the main casing. I haven't taken it apart yet however, and have used it in the rain without issue. (Will defo need to get it sealed up though.)

I reckon it's potentially a tad bit too heavy for a helmet light which is a shame, and would recommend a lighter one for the helmet. On the handle bars its perfect.

Not sure on run time as I normally run it on low as I use it on the road, so no need to blind drivers unnecessarily. (I ordered it when I was living on Dartmoor and so the roads were very dark, but now in suburbs).

It is the Assault I have too, I thought it might be too heavy for a helmet light but I had nothing similar to compare it to. I've not done a continuous test yet but mine has been running for at least an hour and a half on full so far. I wrapped the battery and connector in clingfilm before my damp(mist and drizzle) night ride last night.

http://www.dealextreme.com/p/t6-assault ... -set-82508

It seems if mounted on the top of the head its a bit better balanced rather than at the front like a miners light for instance.

Yup, that's the one I have :) I cut down a sandwich bag, taped it shut, then sealed it more with cable ties and put it back into the pouch. Should be "good enough" for the moment.

You can use it on the helmet, just a magicshine would be much less noticeable weight wise.

Also.. check dealextreme, a lighter version is available, the assault is the heavy one I think.

More testing tonight, forgot to tape up the battery connector and was plunged into darkness more than once! Really need to look at modifying this. I think I'm going to helmet mount the light though, it does seem this is were the primary light should be, I've saw a few variations so I'll try them all out.

No beam shots I'm afraid of the new lens, definitely and improvement though. I did notice one of the guys I was with who has one, his beam pattern was more defined and rectangular, same light but maybe a different reflector inside. Still better than the spot but results of using the lens may vary.

Back