Help identifying this frame..... Ritchey???

Raging_Bulls":v30j2ct4 said:
What's that underneath the left-side chainstay in the first pic?

Don't know!? Hope to get it here soon, so I can check for more hints or perhaps a framenumber!

All ideas are welcome!

Will keep you posted!

I received the frame. The seller told me the frame was adjusted for a Rohloff hub 3 years ago. He doesn't know anything more about the frame. It looks very nice with Ritchey dropouts and the Ritchey logo stamped in the BB. No serialnumber anywhere. I know these Ritchey dropouts came available in 1997 for other framebuilders. But what about that BB logo?
Could it be a Ritchey? :?

Here are some more pictures. Anybody any idea?

GroteFoto-ZOWOUKCL.jpg

GroteFoto-UAY4RXO8.jpg

GroteFoto-CPPO68V3.jpg

GroteFoto-POV33HUP.jpg

GroteFoto-8QKOS8C7.jpg

GroteFoto-IHSV4WDS.jpg

GroteFoto-UIJO8LGX.jpg

GroteFoto-ZMXBIHVE.jpg

If the maker bought Ritchey drop outs they may have bought Ritchey BB shells as well.

Fo course it may be a Ritchey, which would be nice.

Whatever it is it's an interesting looking frame and would build up into a pretty decent bike with a few choice components - I'd be tempted to stick with the original colour as well, unless you have something in mind??

The seat lug is (for me) an indicator that it is not a Ritchey, as far as I know the only Ritchey frames with decorative lugs are the Annapurna (not actually lugs, but look like lugs) and the Canada only bikes assembled in Japan and sold through Rocky Mountain dealers, and I know it's not one of those, because I own one of those. But I am puzzled by the Ritchey logo on the BB shell, as I've never seen that on anything but a Ritchey.

I am, of course, by no means a Ritchey expert, and whilst there is a wealth of knowledge on RBUK, it has to be said that there is a considerably higher percentage of Ritchey fiends on the MTBR VRC forum; if I was you I'd start a thread over there with sone nice clear pictures of the frame details, and a frame number if you can find one.

mechagouki":2333x57k said:
The seat lug is (for me) an indicator that it is not a Ritchey, as far as I know the only Ritchey frames with decorative lugs are the Annapurna (not actually lugs, but look like lugs) and the Canada only bikes assembled in Japan and sold through Rocky Mountain dealers, and I know it's not one of those, because I own one of those. But I am puzzled by the Ritchey logo on the BB shell, as I've never seen that on anything but a Ritchey.

I am, of course, by no means a Ritchey expert, and whilst there is a wealth of knowledge on RBUK, it has to be said that there is a considerably higher percentage of Ritchey fiends on the MTBR VRC forum; if I was you I'd start a thread over there with sone nice clear pictures of the frame details, and a frame number if you can find one.

My rocky mountain has a ritchey logo on the bb shell,i think its just to show its a ritchey casting

Thanks for al your help..... No idea what it is though! :LOL:
I don't think it's a Ritchey, but what it is....... :roll:

As I don't have the money for a Rohloff hub at the moment. I'm going to build this into a singlespeeder. Here are the first pics with the parts I had in the shed....
Not sure what decals I will put on it.. Ritchey?? :LOL:

Will start a new topic here:

GroteFoto-6FKR6PSN.jpg

Dropouts and BB shell were available off the shelf to any builder wanting them. The seat post binder bolt is typical Ritchey P series but the lug work is not. The dropouts put it at '97 onward.
That is some bloody lovely welding though! Quality kit! How does it ride, and just how cheap is "cheap"? ;)

Back