Parkpre Pro Image 1995 more or less finished

REKIBorter

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
98+ BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
Very generously given this today by another RB member. What to do with it? I already have a Pro Image which is built up and is my favourite old bike. Not sure, build it up as a retro hack? or, restore it then ruin it by riding in the mud?

These are very rare in the UK. Only 3 known examples on RB and I have 2 of them!

Attachments

• parkpre pro image number 2.jpg
    parkpre pro image number 2.jpg
    151.3 KB · Views: 6,818
how bad is the dent in the top tube?

its funny how the parkpre stickers always survive but the model decals always go :LOL:

if you already have one built build this one with modern kit and ride it as long as its sound

Top tube dents look worse than they really are. Thinking of building it into a retro hack bike to save my more precious metal from trail fatigue.

REKIBorter":1bzxpw66 said:
Top tube dents look worse than they really are. Thinking of building it into a retro hack bike to save my more precious metal from trail fatigue.

I'd go down this route too, Chris.. :cool:

if you're going to do that, might as well sling a modern deore group on there. that stuff is tough as old boots.

Fill dent.

Rattle can paint job & maybe a new Parkpre HT decal

Parts bin build - maybe use the build kit off of your blue bike.

Ride.

Use t' other (your) frame as a basis for a catalog rebuild & cherish.

Just my thoughts though

;)

Retro Hack with cantis....I know how you love them!

Build it as is all unpolished and dusty....make a nice contrast to your super shiny example.

Some progress today. All the parts I already had in my parts bin. Just need to get a few little bits and bobs to get it finished. Going to leave the frame as it is and keep it in the rat-bike style.

Attachments

• porkpie pro image.jpg
    porkpie pro image.jpg
    139.1 KB · Views: 6,651
Back