My fathers Ernie Clements SuperPro bought back from the dead

why thank you kind sir!! :D :) ..

still trying to source a 600 bottom bracket. aside from that the group is now complete :)

guess who has the 600 BB?.. Wooohooo i've completed the group set! :D.. will get some pics up when ive fitted the bb :D

Because I am often accused of being a prefectionist you could have put the headset on with the"brand"facing the front.

I admire both the dedication in the"doing"and the dedication with regard to the continuing posts.

When will it all end?

Roadking.

roadking":7x75039o said:
Because I am often accused of being a prefectionist you could have put the headset on with the"brand"facing the front.g.

well

it was a dilemma :D .. ended up to the side as i often walk past 'ernie' and end up have a gaze at him lol.. seeing that 600 logo reminds me of the build and effort put in :)

as for the end??.. well aside from paint and decals (i have most of the decals) its pretty much finished unless i DO decide to go the whole hog, i fear the garage queen status!.. its ridden daily at the moment so a long hard think is needed,,,,

as for the posts... my Father lives out in spain and follows the bikes resto through here :D.. he kinda lurks at the moment but i'm hoping that his nearly finished resto on his 86 Raleigh triathlon will maybe getting him posting ;) :)

Craig

zotty":34htyna9 said:
cheers guys :).. deffo glad i went back to the original saddle :)!

today!...

today i may have sinned!

i live i a fairly hilly area and the short ratio 600 freewheel that was on there was just to.. well short! lol.

anyways i happened across a wider ratio 600 freewheel :)... same model and 6 speed as the original but with 13-30 teeth :).. also NOS in the box!!

anyways it arrived today so on it went!!

all set up and indexeing like a dream!

DSCN2359.jpg

DSCN2358.jpg

that was this months budget blown!!.

i have the chance to get a nice clean dura-ace stem.. now i know they are all the same aside from whats stamped on the front.. do i get it or hold out for a 600??.. would i be making do?

craig

Hey Zotty, how does the rear mech get on with that wide ratio cluster? I only ask because I have a feeling I may need one when I get my bikle finished, I have the same 600 mech, I'm sure they're o.k up 28t? o.k if you don't run the 30t on a 52t chainwheel? (like anyone would)

yeah 28t is max and thats what i'm now on ;).. realised my local hills just aint that steep!!

as for the cables... clarks outers all round :).. the inners are the original shimnos dad fitted back in 86 :)

Re: My fathers Ernie Clements bought back from the dead

ohhh guess what Edward From Cycles Clements found for me!

Attachments

• clements super pro.jpg
    clements super pro.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 647
Some more info from Cycle Clements Facebook Page

"I think Your frame is the same as the blue one, shown here with Campagnolo equipment but possibly the same equipment as the multi-coloured one. I like the fact that the Super Pro has a 13-18 freewheel. Most of the racing bikes I have in stock now have an 11-32 with a compact chain set as well. Men were obviously real men in the 1980s!

the Super Pro is the model that Tony Doyle used when he rode for Clements for a couple of years during his professional career."

having studied that picture VERY closely it is indeed the same frame

Happy with that! :)

Back