Self Healing Inner tubes

jamabikes":2km6ar3l said:
i like getting punctures, means you can stop for 5 minutes :LOL:

Made me laugh But do you like fixing them :LOL:

I have fitted slime tubes to my Alfine genesis as the rear wheel is non Q/R and to be honest weight isnt really too much of an issue with an Alfine hub :LOL: I havnt had any issues so far and have changed the tyres from summer to winter, I just made sure the valves were facing up the night before and all was fine with re-infaltion.

I've used them on a couple of occasions. My opinion is that Self Healing Inner Tubes as an acronym would be accurate. :D

Weight isn't the issue for me (with my beer receptacle I can't hope to see any difference in a couple of extra grams of slime in my non spare tyres).
The issue I've had is that I've still had punctures when using them. Some have been slow punctures caused by thorns. Some were snakebites (caused by the afore mentioned weight).

i have had decent results from normal inner tubes (schrader). take the valve out and puor some stans tubeless sealant in

velomaniac":2jv3epks said:
If you fit them, then never remove them as if you deflate them to remove the slime can escape through the valve and gum up the valve. Its an utter bugger to clean and sometimes they work less well in fact one wouldn't reinflate no matter what I did.
Quite literally fit and forget is my recommendation ;)

Pump them up and deflate them with the valve at the top facing downwards and all is fine.

I've been using Dr Sludge tubes on my commuter for years. Yes they are heavy but for the most part they do work. A couple of times they've saved me from having to change a tube by the side of a busy A road in the dark and sub zero temps.

So no real answer :LOL:

Think i'll just stick in the heavy tube again and something else I can find.
Get some tyres in the future with Kevlar belts built in.

The bike will not get ridden much at all so just sitting there most of the time, was worried about the goo drying up after 3 or 4 years of next to no use.

Yes they are heavy. But on a commuter bike.. it saved my arse when I didn't have a spare inner tube (It was already on the bike when I bought it). Sprayed... I got off, went to check, and it had already sealed back up. Was enough to get me to work, and then back home that night. Then needed replacing the next day. I got another Slime tube and put that in as I figure it might save my arse again.

IMO, from reading reviews, you are better getting decent tyres (for commuting Continental Travel Contact) than spending it on anti puncture.

I'd be be worried about a product the becomes S.H.I.T. in short :shock:
No experience with these however.

Back