timeless classic

I have an ex team Yeti Straight 4 DH bike... hope it's only appreciating in value!
I'm sure the people out there that have an ex Tomac, Palmer, Giove, Herbold, etc bike will be thinking the same thing.

matt-b":17kjj5ik said:
where do you find old team bikes? i guess there will be afew 2011 ones looking for new homes now

I have seen the odd one turn up on here, retro one of course. Not to sure what happens to the modern ones...

I have seen an atherton biek pop up on pinkbike. Steve peats mechanic is always selling on his. Mainly dh pros hence beat up :LOL:

Then again on the other side of the pancake, team riders have top mechanics, their bikes are extremely well maintained, parts replaced when they need to be etc...

FST4RD":3cxz6kjk said:
Then again on the other side of the pancake, team riders have top mechanics, their bikes are extremely well maintained, parts replaced when they need to be etc...

Very true.

Plus normally (well the DH bikes) have special bearings and 1 off frames with rider specific geometry etc. and a lot of them have team only internals in the suspension.

Of current stuff I'd put a Ibis Mojo away in the loft and bring it out a decade or two later. Quality Exotica in my book but knowing my taste they'd be rubbish on the classic market of the future so best ignore me :roll:

Back