a death

hollister

BoTM Winner
PoTM Winner
i got the news yesterday. he passed before the new year.

if you're in or near palo alto, chances are you have seen him. he rode a green alex singer, and wore an old leather covered helmet with wings on both sides. he was mercury.

he would always come in for simple repairs, i know he could have done them himself but still he came in. he always brought cookies, not as a bribe but because he loved the cookies from the creamery and wanted to share them. took the time to learn what everyones favorite was.

as the work was done on his bicycle he would tell the stories of his life. oh such wonderful stories. he insisted to be charged for the simplest work, i felt as though i should have paid him. he always wore a smile and wanted to know how everyone was doing, and genuinely cared about your answer.

we will gather towards the end of the month to celebrate his life. i hope his daughter is there, i want to tell her how great a man i think her father was.

i have always believed that the gods give us darkness so we might better see the stars. all the same, this hurts a lot.

Libo, i will miss you my friend. from here on out i dedicate my rides to you

Liberto Nathan
1920-2007

sad-smiley-343.gif

Sorry hollister :oops: But who is this fine person?? I can't find any thing about him. Please educate me. As i really want to know.

Hollister,that is a wonderful tribute to one of the tribe.

And it must be said we need to cherish our time here and embrace all of that our fellow riders and friends give to us.

R.I.P ride forever!

Respect, Al.

thanks guys.

Libo touched a lot of peoples lives in a positive way. i am but one of many that feel richer for having known him.

Mike told me about Jason last night :(

I lost my good friend, mentor and inspiration Zak Carr last year. Again, killed while out training.

This has made my mind up; I'll never road ride again. Off road or cycle paths for me, there as too many blind tw*ts on the roads now :x

Back