1991 GT Zaskar **Update**

Have a look at Chemical guys Jetseal to protect the finish or Megs NXT polish leaves a protective coating. Nice work :cool:

Dont want to teach a granny to suck eggs but are you certain the frame is a 91? From the decals it looks like it could be a 93 .

Nice job on the polish BTW.

Tomahawk kid":34rd1rji said:
Dont want to teach a granny to suck eggs but are you certain the frame is a 91? From the decals it looks like it could be a 93 .

definate 91 or 92. it has non replaceable derauilluer hanger tips, and U Brake bosses.

the 93 changed over to cantilver studs and a replaceable hanger....

Tomahawk kid":a8fgr3z6 said:

Those were once 94 model year decals that were on the frame. But as was said has to be made between the late months of 90 and August of 92 due to the u-brake and no hanger

Thanks for the appreciation friends.

The serial number on the inside of the rear drop out is 0391 so I assume it’s a March ’91 following discussions on other Zaskar and ‘is it a Zaskar’ threads.

I must also add that I bought some super soft micro fiber cloths from Aldi for £2.50 – they were great and helped give the excellent shine.

GM – Yes I do have the vital U-brake boss mounts and a nice XT U-II brake supplied by mfh126.

Strangely the BB is a 68mm rather than the designed 73mm. It looks like the face of the shell may have been machined. I hope that this doesn’t cause any trouble with the setup. You can see this when comparing the shell on mine with the same on Keithb’s Zaskar.

The only other downside is that the parts will need to live up to the same standard as the frame! So I need to inject a little more elbow grease into the drivetrain and the wheels.

General spec will include;

Black GT 3D Forks

Shimano XT M730 / M735 Groupset except hubs.

DX hubs on Campagnolo Mirox Hardox

Control tech post (black

Control tech stem (black)

OEM GT bars (black) or Controltech (silver)

OEM GT seat clamp

Ritchey saddle

gm1230126":tgw8wema said:
Tomahawk kid":tgw8wema said:

Those were once 94 model year decals that were on the frame. But as was said has to be made between the late months of 90 and August of 92 due to the u-brake and no hanger

Hey GM didn't get to leave you any feedback on Ebay for my Lightning Frame
so a big thanks to you for that :D

Back