Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Raleigh

• Alan

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
ededwards":13u4d4du said:
Very close result between the two front runners and the Colnago, with very few comments, has slipped under the radar.

A really worthy winner but can we have a Special Month with the theme 'Mark can't enter one of his beautiful bikes' to give the rest of us a chance :D

Wow! I never thought my Colnago would out-vote that Somec,(maybe the lack of pedals didn't help?) let alone win the most votes! Thank you to the people that voted for it.

Ed, I will now quietly disappear for a while...

Mark.

mark34":1lgi8ot3 said:
Wow! I never thought my Colnago would out-vote that Somec,(maybe the lack of pedals didn't help?) let alone win the most votes! Thank you to the people that voted for it.

My vote would have certainly gone to the Somec had it had pedals, so subtract one from the Colnago and add one to Somec and the two bikes are already equal... Goes to show how important such a detail can be...

BTW, the set-up of your bike is truly brilliant and well-porportioned.

Citoyen du monde":52zi1pfj said:
mark34":52zi1pfj said:

My vote would have certainly gone to the Somec had it had pedals, so subtract one from the Colnago and add one to Somec and the two bikes are already equal... Goes to show how important such a detail can be...

BTW, the set-up of your bike is truly brilliant and well-porportioned.

Double thanks to you, Sir!

Mark.

RBOTM.

To stand any chance in the future, I'll have to sell the Mercedes' and become a collector of (Johnny Foreigner's) bikes.

You certainly won't want to see any of my decidedly mundane stable :(.

What was it Groucho said..."I wouldn't want to join any club that would have me as a member".

Teehee.

Roadking.

Roadking,

I remember when you expressed the entering or your Raleigh Corsa was for testing waters whether it would be worth to enter more in future.

When you entered your bike, bikes like Gazelle AA.653, Mercian 753, Colnago and Somec had already been entered. That are no bikes you easily set aside. I think you should have entered your SB bike immediately.

Is there a bias toward foreign bikes? I doubt. The number of votes the Gazelle generated do not point in that direction. That the fan base for well known Italian names is large is no news perhaps, but what you do about it? rBOTM is about democratic vote. That it is no science or universal truth and even that there are no census rights involved should soften the pain somewhat.

I hope you would be willing to enter in future too.

Congratulations Mark

Your fine bike is the deserved winner of October's rBOTM title :D

RBoTM.

My comments were a made tongue in cheek.

As you ask, I did not enter my SBDU at this stage simply because it needs some very minor TLC.

In fact I'm considering a repaint from its current yellow pearl to a pale blue pearl (the alternative colour I considered BITD).

Roadking.

Another great month.

Full result for the October 2011 road Bike of The Month as follows

1. Mark34's Colnago Master
2. Hatarmar's Somec
3. EdEdwards' Mercian 753

Notably I believe this is the first time Edwards has managed a podium finish in a Bike of The Month contest :D

Back