2001 Marzocchi Z2 Atom Race - Steerer replacement Possible?

unkleGsif

Gold Trader
PoTM Winner
Kona Fan
Feedback
View
Hi all

I have a set of the above forks (still so plush, despite having been on my bmx jump bike for several years, and never missed a beat :cool: ) that are a few mm short in the steerer for a build I am in the process of thinking through.

Quick question. Are these steerers removable and replaceable, and if so, does anyone know if they are interchangeable with other, similar forks in the range at the time?

Thanks
G

Anyone?

Is it possible to remove these steerers and swap for a longer one? and if so, are they interchangeable with other Marzocchi forks of the same era, as this will increase the number of possible doners?

G

If it is replaceable it should be quite obvious on the Marzocchi's, ie the ones which are had two bolts which you just undid and put a new steerer in. If its a pressed in steerer then no.

If the legs are the same size, you might be able to pick up an old set of bombers which had the removable crown and steerer, but if this works, and works effectively I wouldnt know, and not likely to be cost effective.

Luckily for you bombers dont seem to hold their value in proportion to how good they are, so you should be able to pick some up for not too much, especially if you sell the existing short ones.

I missed out on some Z2 x-fly's on ebay last week. perfect colour, local to the inlaws so could have collected..... went for £33!!!

G

Back