AFAN Retrobike Ride - 23rd Feb !!

Re: Thinking the unthinkable

ededwards":3fsglpir said:
Just checked with my work calendar and you're right, looks like I have a special needs edition :oops:

uh oh! somebody is going to pay for that :shock:

I'm not going to make this :cry:

To anyone not yet decided, do it !! It's a great place to go riding and I can honestly say that the couple of hours spent there was the best 'riding' of last year for me, it's got everything..

I have a pass - and somewhere to stay in Cardiff on Friday night so no early start! :cool:

Just need to finish building my bike, and then follow up on tyre selection issues...............

I know people who have ridden it SS. Some nice hills, but not steep. Still not found much you 'can't' ride rigid, albeit a touch slower at times :)

Will be fun, don't stress

Right!!

Less than two weeks to go! If the weather stays this will be a fantastic ride! If not, well its Wales, so it will still be great riding, just a bit moist :LOL:

To be clear, meet at 10am at the first visitor centre you come to, which is the start of the Wall and Penhydd.
Once everyone has their act together, head on over the road and up the easy social ride to Whites Level. Gives a nice warm up and time to chat.
Loop of Whites, maybe do the Black DH part, though this can be easily bypassed too, and back down the valley to the cafe for giant jacket spud and cake :) Should be about 2.5 hrs.

After this will be a shorter loop of Penhydd, couple of shortcuts which cut out some climbing and dull fireroad depending. About 1hr-1.5hr depending on route.

Done for tea!

Will be usual exchange of parts, so come cashed up :)

OK - names down if your coming so you don't get forgotten!

Back