At what point did mountain bikers become so rude?

I generally find a bloke (me!) giving a cheery "Y'alright loves? Aye? Splendid! Gan canny, ta'ra like" regardless of the other person's sex and pedalling off scares some cyclists!

Jokes aside; when I was up at Hamsterley Forest the other month, first time in several years I was quite taken aback by how many other off road cyclists there were.....I mean, suddenly it's all gone 'boom'! The majority of which wouldn't acknowledge anyone else and were very discourteous. Without wanting to tar them all with the same brush it was usually the late teens/20-somethings who seemed to have their heads up their own arses! Shame really.

My ex wife has just taken up off road cycling recently and had her first experience of Glentress at the weekend. She sent me a message saying she loved it apart from the rude pricks.

I think there is a trail centre machismo that exists which is very different from people who ride in the "real countryside"

I thought that anyone into cycling didn't acknowledge each other when cycling on the road, as most people ignore me... so I just thought it was some secret "your not cool if you say hi" thing amongst cyclists lol.

I'm returning to cycling following a 10 year break and have to say it does seem that fewer people say hello or even nod an aknowledgement if you give way.

Maybe it's just people in general.

I dont while commuting but most certainly on the trail.

Unless of course they move out of the way for me while commuting - then they get thanks.

See, not so hard is it :?

I think it is just people, this generation have no manners at all (is it because theyre too expensive?).

Maybe if some clever computer bod created a manors app, and good manors and pleasantries had a facebook account and posted tweets the world could be a better place.
We could call them "i manors", the kids would go mad for them.
We could then sneakily re introduce respect and give it back it'e proper meaning.

NAILTRAIL96":n3wokeze said:
Maybe if some clever computer bod created a manors app, and good manors and pleasantries had a facebook account and posted tweets the world could be a better place.
We could call them "i manors", the kids would go mad for them.
We could then sneakily re introduce respect and give it back it'e proper meaning.
That's post-modern irony, right?

Nope, just a simple spelling mistake ( comes from using manors metro station ).
I'm sure you've seen one before.

NAILTRAIL96":3lximqpa said:
Nope, just a simple spelling mistake ( comes from using manors metro station ).
Damn, I feel all robbed, now - would have had so much more zing to the thing, if you were shooting for irony.
NAILTRAIL96":3lximqpa said:
I'm sure you've seen one before.
Indeed - just like buses and other good things - they apparently come along in threes.

Back