SDW 2012 Now with date added! p5

Also tempted. Have done wencherster to devils dyke before in one day. It's tough but doable, at least in summer.

Fantastic! :D

I was originaly thinking of doing the ride in may or june, to take advantage of the longer days. And like I said, midweek to avoid crowds, and to make getting accomodation easier.

Any thoughts?

And a little something to inspire us....

http://www.bikedowns.co.uk/

Lets do this!!!

Ok I have made this a sticky, On thaught I did have is the later in the year we do it the longer the days and hopefully a little less mud on the trails.

I am VERY interested in this, Can I be kept in the loop please :cool:

So, I make that seven already!

Things we have to think about...

Getting to/from the start/finish.

Accom (It looks like there are a few B+Bs in amberley. DA-EVO which one did you stay in? Was it bike friendly i.e. Somewhere safe for bikes etc)

Do we need to drop things off at the B+B, or are we carrying what we need?

I propose we see how many show interest in the next few weeks, then meet up in the pub (or even better have ride, then go to the pub :LOL: ), and start to make plans.

If people sent me there overnight kit, I can park at Amberly, but would need a lift to the start as I will probabuly drive home for the overnight. Dependign were every on lives not to difficult to get teh train back from Eastbourne along the coast to Brighton,Worthing, Littlehampton etc

Summer Solstice 2012. Wednesday 20th - Thursday 21st June. You can even get up for sunrise at 05:14 - If you're a nutter that is....

Back