Its not Zolatone - but I like it.

flouro

cool. Can never be too bright. Imho.

The frame looks ok i suppose, zolatone always was a corrosion liability so your finish may last longer. As mentioned above im sure there is a thread on zolatone repro, im rattle can form too.

Looks good, get building now!

Love this - I've recently bought a '90 Pine Mountain frame on eBay (still waiting for it to turn up tho' :() so will be watching this one for progress!

Zolatone is a pain to restore to original then? If it is then I'm liking what you've done here as an alternative......

Wow, id exect you all to be so approving. Its nothing like Zolatone but itll do for now.

The Zolatone debate has been done to death really. There probably is something out there which would recreate it but I dont think its available in Europe. A US custom car shop would probably be able source something but the shipping would be astronomic.

From what I managed to find out Zolatone Marins were done to order and werent a standard palette colour. The Zolatone you will see advertised in this country is for the interior of buildings and doesnt stick to metal. Zolatone automotive is a recently recreated company but the old automotive branch of the company was rebranded sometime ago and no one could tell me the new name.

I did try really hard to find the real stuff but the transportation was getting very costly and I hadnt even located the paint.

You might even struggle to get someone to spray the fluoro paint these days.

Quick update,

Sadly couldnt get the NOS DX BB to fit which im very peed about so ive had to put a boring un52 in for the time being, which has got the show a little further down the road.

Attachments

• RR Rad 001.JPG
    RR Rad 001.JPG
    55 KB · Views: 631
  • RR Rad 006.JPG
    RR Rad 006.JPG
    59 KB · Views: 631
  • RR Rad 003.JPG
    RR Rad 003.JPG
    55.8 KB · Views: 631
  • marin 001.JPG
    marin 001.JPG
    72.4 KB · Views: 631
That was the donor car for this one - loads of spares for sale if you need them. Please dont ask about the Discovery project behind that as you might then show an interest in the Bungalow project behind that and then maybe the landscaping project to the side of it. Now you might guess why the Marin project is taking so long.

Attachments

• R151 002.JPG
    R151 002.JPG
    46.1 KB · Views: 612
Back