lewis1641

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
PoTM Winner
Kona Fan
GT Fan
Feedback
View
Howdy. Saw this in the ebay watch section so as it wasn't too far away and I had a poster of one on my wall when I was 13/14 I thought it would be rude not to.

Bit of history on this particular bike - It was purchased from --------- and used as a cross country race bike untill 1995 when it found its second owner. He has used it for general riding right up to the present day. I am the proud third owner.

here it is...

2uzqgow.jpg

I have now checked with the catalogue and it is original bar the handlebar, tyres,pedals and seatpost. And of course the shock although I have the original in a bag.

The story of the shock is that it was build for the bike by TF Tuned. It is a rock shox deluxe.

Other interesting bits are the seals between the cranks and bottom bracket - never seen those before
c1amx.jpg

it has a widget on the seat tube to prevent the chain coming off the granny ring.
crank caps
az9cef.jpg

rear mech cable routing
t96tlt.jpg

There is a load of paperwork with the bike, the interesting bits I will scan for the archive.
w0pzsx.jpg

Best of all the original tool is there for adjusting the damping and also there is a nifty little converter so you can pump the fork up with a normal pump.
24zgpdi.jpg

qntmhy.jpg

33n7py9.jpg

I have not had chance for a proper ride yet but first impressions from a ride around the block are that it will take some getting used to.

It actually states in the user manual the importance of circular pedalling - if you dont it feels like you have biopace rings

2rom14x.jpg

ejsy9w.jpg

316lxrc.jpg

:mrgreen:

Loving it Dave, who cares how it rides it looks great :)

You seem to be building a very nice collection, I will try and get over for a proper look sometime soon ;)

i quite like my 2 one had a coil shock fitted but it was way too soft ,so i re-fitted the stock one , wind the pre-load up and it rides quite well
the front forks are a bit of a let down tho stick about 50 psi in

cheers guys.

thanks for the advice. the guy i bought it from was my shape and he says the shock was "OK" so will see how it goes. However I do like the idea of running the elastomer. at least i have the choice.

forgot to mention in the first post, I am going to clean the old girl up as much as possible.

carefull with solvents dave , they eat the glue that holds them together , just ask jimmihendrix his swingarm seperated
soapy water and elbow grease
check the rear brake bosses both mine neded them re-bonded

Back