pace rc100 finally finished.

i managed to glue together a couple of the broken brake guides, so i only need one more, but why did pace use these cheap plastic guides, surely alloy ones would have been a better option, or was it to do with weight.
so if anyone has any broken ones or a spare plastic one, let me know.
or if i end up putting new alloy brake guides on the bike i'm sure i'll have a que to snap up these brake guides.

Attachments

• IMG_4446.JPG
    IMG_4446.JPG
    36.5 KB · Views: 1,155
Sadly they are still almost useless as they lack the parts which hold them to the frame. There are possible ways around this but its not that easy.

As for why those guides and not aluminium ones, I think it is a case of what was out there for this hose size in 1989. manufacturing them in aluminium just for pace would of been pricey.

The only option rather than the crappy plastic:

1021a6ef.jpg

Re: some stuff i got today.

videojetman":20tgjmxk said:
some stuff i got through the post today, the front mech is nos, i know its not xc pro but it is perfect condition. the xt rear mech is really in good shape, a few light scratches. so until i get an xc pro mech this will be being used. the saddle is from wiggle. it had to be a black one.

Is the turbo leather or suede ?

bar ends ?

i am thinking of getting some bar ends for this build, what would be a suitable bar end if any to suit this build ?
i was also lucky enough to buy some xc pro thumbshifters, and some xc pro hubs.
so if i can't get any mavic 231 rims, what is a good modern equivelent rim to build the hubs with ?

If you wanted to be period correct, an early set of Onza bar ends would be appropriate (Rich Thackray had a set on his Pace in 1991)...other than that, go for somethging comfy :)

It's coming along nicely Jeff...

Rich

well i got the frame and cranks etc back from the powder coaters, and well t.b.h. the frame is shocking, i was recommended this powder coater by a fellow cyclist, but now i will be sending it to argos, lesson learnt i think. pay cheap pay twice, thrice etc.
on a positive note i got a n.o.s. panaracer smoke tyre through the post today. and i've sourced a couple of mavic 231 rims. 32 hole.
does anyone know if xc pro hubs have 32 holes or 36 holes ?

Sorry to hear that Jeff...if you're not happy with the end result can you get your money back or at least part???

Yep, Suntour hubs come in both 32 and 36 hole flavour

Latest posts

Back