MacKlunker - SATURDAY 5th MAY, Postponed...

velomaniac":3v25okqz said:
Hud on, just noticed, 37-609, what size wheels are those :?
700c are 622mm and 27" are 630mm so whats 609mm, some weird continental size......
Dagnabbit I didn't notice that, looks like they're some weird size that even Sheldon doesn't list - glad you're paying attention velo.

And don't go big wheel just because, much more interesting if we all turn up with a broad variety of machinery.

Aha! I give you the Kenda K161 - ISO numbers look right.

Where do you find these weird tyres :shock:

Thats another size I didn't know you could get and there knobbly, looks cool ZZ. What bike have you got ?

I'll stick to my twenty then, just found a steel twenty inch rim with a milled braking surface. I might be able to build up a wheel for a 5 speed freewheel :)

Disaster has struck - canny find ma BSA frame, must've given it away :LOL:

Need to go to tip and get something else :LOL: :LOL:

velomaniac":3eepo9x6 said:
Where do you find these weird tyres :shock:

Thats another size I didn't know you could get and there knobbly, looks cool ZZ. What bike have you got ?

I'll stick to my twenty then, just found a steel twenty inch rim with a milled braking surface. I might be able to build up a wheel for a 5 speed freewheel :)
I'll post pics when it arrives... let's just say '70s and European. May just go with Continental Tour Ride.

zigzag":13d2aedt said:
big.eck":13d2aedt said:
think i'll go for this too , just need a frame :LOL:
Looking forward to seeing this! ;)

ave got the wheels , well i've got drum hubs and the rims , just need spokes & built :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

and i've pretty much got everything else sitting too :LOL:

velomaniac":1btbcngs said:
Remember Eck, no mtb bits, I'm going to be strict :LOL:
Looks like the Hotrock with Hope disc front is a no-goer Big Fella! Always thought it might be tad small for you tbh.

I'm reckoning that we run this as a time trial DH . I believe the Repack lot did it with 2 stop watches both started at the same time and one carried to the bottom with the first rider and the other brought down by the last. Thus the first and last riders act as race officials. This ways got to be easier than trying to communicate with walky talkies or mobile phones.

Also I apreciate it might be difficult to build a bike entirely free of mtb influence so what about 10second penalties for each mtb component fitted.
Nobody though is to just bring a mtb and just take loads of penalty hits, thats not in the spirit.

I've looked at TK's suggestion for a course, that could do nicely, I'll try and get down there for a recon some weekend. Alternatively there could be one off the top of Minch Moor, mainly down Forest roads to near Walkerburn, drops 350-400 meters over a similar distance with a couple of tight hairpins.

Back