Saracen Tufftrax Comp 89/90?

rupeww

Retrobike Rider
Picked up this tufftrax comp last weekend. In pretty good condition, original BB still running smooth and headset ok. Its got newer wheels and I think the rear mch has been replaced with something nasty!

Other than that its exage and 500LX equipped so pretty basic. I am not sure what the original spec would be for this, and what difference the "comp" bit would make.

Attachments

• d.jpg
    d.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 1,224
  • c.jpg
    c.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 1,224
  • b.jpg
    b.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 1,224
  • a.jpg
    a.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 1,224
It has STI shifters and cheapo brake levers which let the whole thing down alot! I went for a quick spin round my standard 1 hour test circuit and its was ok, gear were good, brakes non existant.

Front gear cable snapped so did the last quarter in granny gear. Some up grades are required.

I happen to have some deore LX bits and pieces that were due to go on somethings else but they would be perfect here and the "something else" deserves a little better than LX anyway, so I put what I had on this bike.

Attachments

• e.jpg
    e.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 1,218
  • d.jpg
    d.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 1,218
  • c.jpg
    c.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 1,218
  • b.jpg
    b.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 1,218
It came with mismatched tyres, so all I have spare as a matching pair are these bontrager semi slicks but they will do for now.

So far so good.

Attachments

• a.jpg
    a.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 1,217
  • f.jpg
    f.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 1,217
I'm in the process of getting new graphics made up for it. Other than that its all good. The stable is getting full!!!

Attachments

• z.jpg
    z.jpg
    124.6 KB · Views: 1,214
Back