Australian Events and Rides - Melbourne, VIC

Good stuff! So where did you move too? I got the schwalbes for 35 bux each so bargaintastic. I have mint set of tioga factory XCs going spare now. Might karma them at the next meet!

We moved to Glenroy, very suburban compared to Brunswick but a nice big house plus a garage for more marriage friendly bike storage! I've noticed theres a few very tempting bikes floating about on eBay at the minute, so in fact it could end up being not so marriage friendly after all!

Some utter bargains out there mate, for under a grand you can get an amazing bike, and truth be known although I had to fettle mine to get it right, moderns really are in a different league.

Riding mine yesterday, I really could just enjoy riding and although picking good lines, I could just concentrate on the trail ahead rather than just in front, plus doing decent jumps lets you get away with being a goose hehe

I view our retros as cherished classics, like classic cars, meant to be used in mild anger but a more civilised anger and polished and displayed straight after the fun!

Well me and Marky Mark went and sweated like beasts on Saturday at the new runs at Lysterfield. Very good and flowy, not so good the climb up there, Pete mate you would be air lifted out climbing up boys farm track haha.

So whos on for this weekend, Lake Mountain!

Yup I'm up for Lake Mountain this weekend. Sunday is best for me, also the weather is claiming to be 'mostly sunny'...

Sunday is best for me. Weather looks good as well. I'll post when I get home a meet point. I hope more can come along than us 3 haha.

skinnyboy":2kr2fb7j said:
Pete mate you would be air lifted out climbing up boys farm track haha.

Right, the challenge is on!! I have been smoke free all week, and once Belinda finishes her Masters degree later this month, the training starts in earnest! Now that I will be able to leave the house without children, I will be cycling & running, and the fitness will be something to behold!!
But for the next coulple of months, is it OK if I sit it out??

Back