The legs of a Rock Shox Quadra 21

I_am_Will

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Hello,

Is there someone who knows if it is possible to change the outer legs off a Rock Shox Quadra 21 fork?

I have got two forks. One yellow Q21R and a silver Q21. I believe that crown on both forks are “pressed-on”. The silver fork works very well. The yellow one is stuck.

Currently I am working on a Specialized MTB. The yellow fork would be very nice on this bike.

So therefore I would like to use the inside of the silver fork with the yellow outer legs.
Is it possible? And if it is, do you use special tools then?

Thanks, Will

Attachments

• P1080638.JPG
    P1080638.JPG
    52 KB · Views: 3,330
  • P1080630.JPG
    P1080630.JPG
    62 KB · Views: 3,330
You should be able to do this. I think the legs are held on with circlips so once you get these off, the legs should slide off.

i thought they where secured with a long 5 mm allen bolt?

what does the manual says.

it can be done, last year i found some at the tip, and they cleaned up real nice and working perfect now (with new springs)

grtz,
Danny

Not had Quadra'a but don't the bushings stay in the legs, so you would need to get them out and swap them around.
I am assume they have gone of course, give they are stuck.

FluffyChicken":2zgarhgo said:
Not had Quadra'a but don't the bushings stay in the legs, so you would need to get them out and swap them around.

This is the content of the yellow legs. It smells just like it looks. There is still no movement in the fork. So there is some work left.

Cheers, Will

Attachments

• P1080641.JPG
    P1080641.JPG
    60.3 KB · Views: 3,259
I_am_Will":23tfame0 said:
FluffyChicken":23tfame0 said:

This is the content of the yellow legs. It smells just like it looks. There is still no movement in the fork. So there is some work left.

Cheers, Will

nice are you just going to refil them with some new gravel and sand? :LOL:

poweredbypies":2qzkrirr said:
I_am_Will":2qzkrirr said:
FluffyChicken":2qzkrirr said:

Cheers, Will

nice are you just going to refil them with some new gravel and sand? :LOL:

If it bounces... yes :cool:

arent those silver ones quadra 10's? the silver 21's have a bolt on crown like the mags.

SNC13407.JPG

crud":2c2tnjz9 said:
arent those silver ones quadra 10's? the silver 21's have a bolt on crown like the mags.

Just certain models

1994 Q21 , external adjust preload and black brace (Al one)
1995 Q21R , external adjust preload and yellow brace (Mg one!)
1996 Q21R , external adjust preload and yellow brace (Al one) <-- OEM version of this was pressed on crown though

the rest where pressed one
'93 Quadra, '94 Q10, '95 Q5 Q21, '96 Q5, OEM '96 Q21R

from the manual in the Archive

Back