A Roberts and a Vicious

one_bad_mofo

Old School Hero
Well I've been a long time lurker and now I've finally gotten around to signing up. So here are my two current off road bikes.

First up is my Roberts Dogs Bolx. The frame was ordered and built in the middle of 2001. While I was walking home from the local courts having just submitted the paper work for my divorce I decided to cheer myself up by calling in at Roberts to ask the price of a DB frame, next thing I know I'm walking out having made an appointment to go back and get measured for a frame. However, it was a frame I'd wanted since seeing it in MBUK when it was first launched.
Fast forward a week and it's measurement time. They looked a bit concerned when I asked for track ends and no gear cable stops but after two years of single speeding I knew what I wanted. End result the first single speed dedicated DB built.

IMG_5778.jpg

Next up is the Vicious Cycles Groover. This one came about as the result of being made redundant and havign a few quid to play with and knowing Carl Schlemowitz, the man behind the business. It took me a while to get this one together as I had to wait while Vicious got the rear end. However, it was worth it as I go the carbon seat stays and linkage plates. The frame is custom sized and the paint is peyote pink with a glitter clear coat over the top.

IMG_9542.jpg

Ah! You decided to keep the Goover after all; good call! I'm still looking for one. I thought I'd found one last week, but the seller wasn't willing to remove a large sticker from the top tube...
Love that Roberts too! :cool:

Nice pair :) I also love how you buy a bike when made redundant :D

Back