Univega Alpina 5.5

Found the pic :)
Here it is with LX rear mech which was later replaced with XT.

Attachments

• Univega 2.JPG
    Univega 2.JPG
    180.4 KB · Views: 6,010
chrisv40":3d7v1m6d said:
Looks very nice Hydorah, looking forward to some more pics :)

Going for full M737/9 this year, the frame and forks are more than worthy of it and I want to get it sub 22lbs which should be pretty easy just with better wheels.

Cool man I've got full XT on mine (apart from STX RC hubs) it handles superbly it's light and springy/rigid in the right places

It's a frame that was got right

Mine would be very light... but I balanced that out with a twenty two ton Brooks saddle

The tyres aren't too light either!

I did have a Flite Ti and Contis on there it was a lot lighter then!

And the chainset

Oh and the chainset!

I'm not happy with that, it's LX

I really want the previous 5 arm type, but I don't want to rob any of my other bikes

If anyone reads this and has a pair of 175mm 5 arm XT or LX cranks for a 110mm BB...

- Done a want ad already

I must try to work that dent out - 'Vega has a very specific seatube/toptube joint which can be useful in solving this problem. I thought about making a hole (not more than 10mm) in the back part of seattube in the place where toptube meets seattube and insert some device to have toptube pushed from the inside. There should be not too much stress ont he place where the hole is to be done, as most of force is driven on the front wall of seattube.

But that is a job for the next winter, Yeti has a priority before 2011 season.

Autumn update, finally got it upgraded to mostly Xt, M739 front and rear mechs, V brakes and levers fitted. Dx thumbies and a very nice Lx chainset (cranks very kindly donated by AndyB) :D

I have just fitted a pair of modern tyres :oops: which I have to be honest are fantastic and a nos Ritchey saddle.

Think its finally finished and very pleased with the weight of 23.6 lbs considering its a pretty large frame too.

ABCD0003-6.jpg

ABCD0004-10.jpg

ABCD0002-6.jpg

Back