Home Made Full Suspension Fat Bike!

seriouscatjoker.jpg

bring it across to fife
then we'll see if theres enough clearance

love it , top work fella

Sounds good once it's fixed...looking like December, no amount of wine is persuading my pal to help me any quicker! :(

top work fella, first attempts are never perfect but they evolve into better and better things. As for all the negatives these are things that can be ironed out with the mkII version.

The biggest question I have is why did you use a full suspension bike? The bike already has loads of give and mechanical grip with all the springs. I can see this bike just being massively heavy and not offering much advantage over a normally wheeled Marin?

Top marks for creating it though, certainly a talking point.

^^^^ why not I suppose? If we nevere tried anything new, we would be sitting in caves painting murals of sabre toothed penguins.

Good effort; I have no strong feeling either way but my guess is the loop thing in the rear stays is gonna fail - looks quite weak to me.

where did you get the wheels & tyres ? i'd like to give something like this a go :cool: :cool:

my biggest is a kona stinky running 3" f&r tyres at the moment :LOL:

I've built a few fat wheels now and a half fat wheel for letmetalktomark seems to ne getting more popular.

Nice idea other guy full sus fat bike still bugger all being made by the main players but remember pinch of salt yeah its a lot easier to bite you lip that go on a rant ;)

why did you use a full suspension bike?

Without wishing to second-guess the owner's intentions, it looks like a good candidate to me -- a lot easier to adapt that steel elevated back end than any kind of diamond frame :)

Back