Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Another bike site

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
hi all
almost 40 messages and I realise that I haven't introduce myself :oops:
I'm christophe, 37, started with bmx in early 80' up to 1989 when I had a bad knee injuries and start mtb in 90 for reeducation with a muddy fox courrier comp.
after studies I started to be a bicycles repairer... during 7 years.I had a lot of bikes...
of these years I just kept my favorites steel hard tail bikes...
I do not practice much more bike because of my knee, but I found this forum and that give me envy to ride my old bikes and make me spend a lot of money too... :twisted: :LOL:
cheers

Hi -
Have been on this forum alot in the last few years - mostly reading, looking for advise, looking for parts - and mostly on the road bike side (sorry)....

Bikes have always been a part of my life - started riding an MTB when I was maybe 14 - bought a Univega from my sisters friend for 50 - or 100 USd - do not remember now.... Then sold that - and started actually riding offroad on a trek 970 in Connecticut - which I bought off a friend. Then more single track riding in upstate new york where I went to university.

Then moved to Boston to work - then Dublin - and riding a bike almost completely stopped. Then in Sweden, finaly got into road a few years ago and found a love for bikes again.

I bought a Serotta ATX frame on the cheap last year - about 14 months ago. I have been trying to locally source parts for the bike - and finaly earlier this year found a DB Axis TT with XTR900 in EXCELLANT shape. After all of that searching - decided to actually build up the ATX single speed - but will hold onto the XTR components if I change my mind.

Lots of good information on the site - and really appreciate the helpfulness that I have experienced when contacting people on this forum for advise/when looking for parts.

Here is my current project as of today (have three other completes:
2010 Tommasini Tecno - Record and Chorus
2001 Carrera Adone Titanium - Centaur
ca 1946 Swedish Military bike
ca 1996 Serotta ATX (to be single speed for winter with drop bars)

Attachments

• serotta 25.jpg
    serotta 25.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 1,354
I guess it's only polite to post here before anywhere else.
My name is Mark and I live on Tyneside, been looking in for a few weeks now since digging out my bought new in 96 marin nail trail.
Got a bit side lined contracting away for a few years and the up shot is it's still as it left the shop save for a bag and a bottle cage :oops:
Been giving it some stick recently though and hopefully this will continue, though I'm torn between riding it and preserving it.
I'll get some pics in the appropriate section awhen I get a chance.

Howdy from Pueblo, Colorado! New guy here, been riding my old school Bike Nashbar Mountain Beach Cruiser and a buddy convinced me to drag my old GT Xizang down from the rafters and get it road-worthy. Bought it new when insurance replaced my stolen bike back in the mid 90's. Did a quick search and found you guys. I'll post my question about my Xizang elsewhere, but I never liked the twitchy feel riding downhill, hence the banishment to the rafters.

hi all
Been looking on this site a lot in the last few weeks,wanted to get into riding and fancied going the retro route.
Cheers si

Hi guys, alot of my searching for second-hand bikes has landed me here on this website, so I've finally decided to register, shame on me for not doing earlier :oops:

I do my cycling up in the north-east of Scotland - converted railway lines are a favourite!

Hi all,

I've just registered after mooching about here for a few months & thought I'd best start with a post on introductions.

I found RetroBike ages ago while searching for an old bike to convert to singlspeed, since then I've found myself on here more & more looking at all the fantastic bikes.

I live near Glasgow, mostly bike locally, & try to avoid the roads as much as possible.

I'll pop some pics of my bikes up shortly.

David

Hi everybody ,

My name is Bart, 36 years old and living in Belgium.
Very passionated to Biking, Dirt and road.
Great site here and much info . This also made me go to my very first project i started for building up a 1997 GT Agrressor.
Grtzzz

Hi,

I've been into cycling ever since I could get on my first bike and have had loads of bikes over the years. I grew up in Devon which was great for MTB'ing.

I picked up an RC200 at the weekend which is great and I can't wait to get it out on the trails. I am faced with the usual dilemma of whether to save it for best (which is a waste) or use it all the time (and risk damaging it or a hard-to-find part). I'm leaning towards using it rather than just looking at it as I think that would be a crime!

The bikes on here are fantastic and it seems like a really friendly community.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back