MachineTech levers

sylvain

BoTM Winner
Snapped these off ebay yesterday ... weren't advertised as such, so they went for fairly cheap :)

Remembered having seen them somewhere, and an old MBA products guide confirmed they were indeed (older) Machine Tech. Just found an article on the web which says they used to produce in all sorts of colors, then relocated to Spokane and began to reduce prices, only offering the silver/matte grey color combo. Those green ones look superb to me.

The adjustable leverage makes me think they might work both with cantis and Vs ... now all I have to do is start a new project with a rasta theme ... let's see ... I just found a super-comfy WTB SST in glitter:

... have an old red King headset, some red Z-Max, red Mojos ... black parts shouldn't be a problem ... sorted ;)

Rasta nipples

Hope I haven't started a rasta anodised revival here.

Anyway, I've got plenty of green, and red spoke nipples, some black and some gold. Also green, gold, red, black chainring bolts if you fancy.

P.s. Those levers are awesome.

Don't worry, I posted this before I'd read the "rasta-themed" threads here.

Don't actually have any project bikes in mind, so I'm not sure what I'll be doing with the levers - but keeping them for sure.

This baby however, will be going straight onto my road bike :)

sylvain":3scuxcyt said:

Hey Sylvain,

Is that a carbon Flite? I had a Tune carbon leather on my Hei Hei which I loved to bits, and it was alot cheaper than the flite...imagine it'd be better on a road bike than an mtb...especially on the soft and danglies :oops:

Rich

Back