MacKlunker - SATURDAY 5th MAY, Postponed...

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
What do you guys who've been there think of the landrover track down from misty law. The descent from the law 510m to the farm the track starts from seems to be 300m with several tight corners and a couple of fords. looks doable on OS and arial photo maps but some of you guys might know if its possible.

Started planning my components:-
Raleigh Twenty frame and fork
1"AHeadset/threaded headset fusion
Raleigh cup and cone 26TPI bottom bracket with cottered cranks
BMX black plastic Mag Wheels
BMX caliper or bodged on U-brakes to be decided
Apehanger or BMX bars to be decided
Bodged extra long seatpost

Any of you guys getting closer to a plan ;)

misty law would be brutal on the machines you lads are considering and the nearest hospital is a good distance away ( a big consideration IMHO ;) )

Mixte frame

Heaviest chrome rim wheels I can find.

Cowhorns or similar bars.

Big cushion saddle, preferably with shiny fat springs.

Centre pull touring brakes.

Gaz wrote:
misty law would be brutal on the machines you lads are considering and the nearest hospital is a good distance away ( a big consideration IMHO )

It was only an idea, thats why I was asking your opinion..........back to the drawing board. I think it best we are not in the utter back of beyond plus the closer to Englandshire the more chance some southerners might join us for this lunacy :D

The Ken":1wik8pua said:
Above Innerleithen - Scotlands first downhill race location? 1991 I think. (first I am aware of and that's what counts :) )
Pretty sure it was this... Kernie Law down to the B709 http://veloroutes.org/bikemaps/?route=74147
DaveDH could you confirm? the large square ruin is the bit I remember and the general flow down on that side of the hill.

http://www.bing.com/maps/?v=2&cp=55.637 ... orm=LMLTCC

Velo - this location meets most the requirements and it is a full 1.7 mile downhill that can be extended if required, confirm it with Dave DH for me.

Back