The South East Group - Going Forward

I started to read through it all but rapidly lost the will to live.

Back to scouring the interweb for me in action at the Big Dog. A brilliantly organised event by Rory and the gang, heavily publicised here, easily reachable on the train from London but only a handful of teams in the Retro category. If there really is this desire for more stuff to do I'm surprised it wasn't better attended. Ho hum, your loss if you were stuck at home actively pursuing the training regime of a hardened keyboard cyclist.

Cheerio.

This thread started off in a bad place (for want of a better expression) but as is often the case, much goodness has come out of it.

TedC":2fw848oj said:
This thread started off in a bad place (for want of a better expression) but as is often the case, much goodness has come out of it.

Whatever happened it seems to have been a catalyst for conversation, which is always good on a forum :)

I split our Usergroups posts off from here as it was getting a little OT..in the mean time, carry on!

I offered my assistance twice for the SE area but never had a response back to presumed organisational help was no longer required (possibly..).

I to dont catch a lot that goes on in the ride out threads, but am always up for a ride, I agree with Anthony that a FaceBook invite system might work nicely.

Jonnyboy, id be well up for an IOW ride and even more so for a south downs trail explore, ive been wanting to ride the South Downs with some regulars for a while as ive heard there are some good trails.

my proposals for simplest way forward, for SE area group

1 Organise a ride of your own..

2 Give a meeting point, time and location on the forum

3 Get on your bike, wait for people to arrive.

4 If they turn up, great.

5 If they don't turn up, still great.

6 Ride

7 Cake

:cool:

bluedazzler":u30ndvjm said:

6 Ride

7 Cake

Could I add:

5a Cake

8 Ride a bit more

9 More cake

There's always time for more cake :)

TedC":2jf28tm8 said:
bluedazzler":2jf28tm8 said:

6 Ride

7 Cake

Could I add:

5a Cake

8 Ride a bit more

9 More cake

There's always time for more cake :)

This seems to be a good plan, but would like to see more provision for cake.

I suggest appending:

1a Cake

3a Cake

Back