1993 Raleigh Activator 2

b*sta**s

feeling the urge to buy an activator now

i dunno , save me :roll:

suppose it could be used as a pace bike for the great macretro clunk
that might (not) happen next year

Jussa":3uc75s96 said:
We_are_Stevo":3uc75s96 said:
Motorcycle clubs have their 'Ratbike' subsection, looks like we have Raleigh Activators; could become a whole new thread, just to get up the 'Br*nd Sn*bs' noses ;)

Can't wait for the 'Coolwall' Poll...

Couldnt agree more mate, people often forget the humble begginings of something, and BITD not everyone could afford the prestige brands, i am guessing that most people in their youth, (unless they were very lucky) had humble "MTB's"

if you couldnt have afforded the prestige brands you would (like me) spend less than it cost on an activator 2 on a semi decent low end bike just like the british eagle shadow deore lx that is for sale at the moment.

yes bought new with reynolds tubing a decent groupset for £250 in the same year raliegh were knocking out these bso at nearer £280.

These have noting to do with MTB, they should be thought of in the same way of SegaMega Drives and original Supersoakers, kids toy that it all.

just lilke to add, these were aimed at kids, Raliegh were selling decent rigid bikes at the time!

Go on come over to the dark side :twisted:

Thinking of buying all activators I can .....selling a couple of raleigh couriers

We_are_Stevo":2k78rxjr said:
Motorcycle clubs have their 'Ratbike' subsection, looks like we have Raleigh Activators; could become a whole new thread, just to get up the 'Br*nd Sn*bs' noses ;)

I don't think brand snobs give a toss mate. If you want to waste time and money on rubbish then go for it.

Talking of snobs will we get activator II owners looking down their noses at people riding lower spec activator I's :LOL: :LOL: Look at them riding their inferior machines with no rear suspension :LOL: :LOL:

Dr S":prig9cem said:
We_are_Stevo":prig9cem said:

I don't think brand snobs give a toss mate. If you want to waste time and money on rubbish then go for it.
(shrug) for somebody who seemingly doesn't give a toss, I'm mildly curious as to what attracted you to a thread about Raleigh Activators...

I certainly stirred up a hornets nest :evil:
It's really a clever ploy to double their money to a tenner!

I know I'm an old bugger and not knowing much about brands and equipment ,I'm just happy to listen and learn from you all gonna search my local junk shops that keep bikes to see if there is anything worse
:D

Neil":r3yqpkiu said:
Dr S":r3yqpkiu said:
We_are_Stevo":r3yqpkiu said:

(shrug) for somebody who seemingly doesn't give a toss, I'm mildly curious as to what attracted you to a thread about Raleigh Activators...

As I'm just about to pop over to Cumbria to collect an absolutely pristine Mk 1 Raleigh Mustang (The white and black one) bought on eBay for five English pounds, I thought i would check out a Raleigh thread thats running at seven pages to see what the craic is.

How many Mustang owning brand snobs do you know then Neil? (apart from PeteMcc who has six).

Back