The ever elusive stop plate for Mavics FREE

Brilliant. I've had a NOS mech sat on a shelf for years with a missing stop plate. One for me please.

Si

one-eyed_jim":33d6aqd1 said:
Ned - I'll dig out the parts I have and get back to you. Apologies for not having got round to it sooner.

Thank you Jim, if I can get this mech going again it will be great!

Hi everyone :) Will wait another day or 2 before I take the count. Not to worry, I'll knock up others too incase folk miss out :)

Having a real 1 to copy would be excellent 1i'ed Jim, if you can get 1 to me ? I was going to go off the pics I have of what they should be, and use my own 801 to test it. If I can get my own 801 to work (which I will), then will I start the production line.

It would be good to hold the genuine article though. I'll PM you my address, and if you get a chance to post me 1, then that would be good, but if not, I'm confident I can do this without 1. Thanks for asking :)

I think the best thing to do, is for everyone who has posted here that wants 1, to PM me their addresses after Wednesday, that way I will have time to clear my inbox, and know who wants what without PM's getting mixed up.

Later everyone Laz.

Not trying to throw a spanner in the works but I've had a root through the bag with all my mech bits in and there's a small washer/plate which has a 'pointed' sticky-out bit and a 'joggle' in the flat surface opposite it. It seems to fit onto the back of the top pivot similar to the ones Laz is making. Have I got something different from a later model perhaps - are there 2 different versions - or is it something totally unrelated?

I'll take a quick photo later and post it for you all to see.

Hi Ned :) You could never be throwing a spanner in the works buddy, "simply adding more interesting & important information to the table :)"

Any chance you can throw up a pic ?

Its sounds like it could be a Mavic from a different mech. Thing is with these stop plates Ned, after a good look at 1 all they do is grab the mech body and then locate onto the stop lip on the dropout. The critical dimension in my mind so far is the "thickness". I've got to get this spot on or the mech will over tighten OR slop, neither of which is acceptable.

Sure the other dimensions are important too, but not I believe to within a 1/1000th of an inch. The 2 upturned parts clasp the mech body via the indentations at the base of the pivot barrel. The other lip is of course the stop. Hopefully our good friend 1'ied Jim can send me an original 1 OR perhaps someone can upload a good close-up pic of the stop plate fitted to a mech/bike.

I have figured that if my own 801 will work, then the replicas will also do the job perfectly. Once I have 1 that is perfect, I'll go into copy mode :) Thanks for the post Ned, later buddy, yours Laz.

As promised, here's a couple of shots of the bits I've got. The first is of all parts and you can see the 'plate/washer' in the centre. It's different to Laz's one. The second shot shows it fitted onto the top pivot bolt where it seems to fit quite happily. The 'joggle' seems to take up the 'slack' between the mech and the dropout and the 'sticky-out bit' must rest against the notch in the dropout. I've not actually fitted this to a frame as yet to see.

Why can't things ever be simple!?

Attachments

• MavicMechParts.2.A.jpg
    MavicMechParts.2.A.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 623
  • MavicMechParts.1.A.jpg
    MavicMechParts.1.A.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 623
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Back