Show us what you did today, thread

Today I knocked a fork together for the proto Strangelove frame.
Turned out nice but feels a little heavy. I think its over built but better be safe than sorry at this stage in the game. Pretty conventional unicrown, 440mm sus corrected length.
Frame is all ready bar a little more finesse with sandpaper. Hope to get some paint on it next week.

A few pics

aa48762b.jpg

f6ae2d2e.jpg

958cef3f.jpg

Sorry about the crap phone pics... Its late.... Its been a long day.

Nowt wrong with a fillet brazed unicrown :cool: of course a wee Pacenti crown is the bawz :)

Finished turning the IBOC into a tourer/commuter this morning, ready to leave for a week first thing tomorrow.

DSC00283.jpg

With the bags...

DSC00286.jpg

I hope the weather stays like this...

DSC00284.jpg

A sunny afternoon in Pentlandia.

dscf1257e.jpg

dscf1258a.jpg

Stupidly muddy in places, there are some bits of trail that need a proper rest now. Ranged far and wide, rode some new stuff, and some old favourites - The Black Hill path is wrecked, no joy in the riding of it any more. Still a good day though, but I'll not be back till spring I think.

PS. I love hardtails. And back to front Nevegals still seem to grip OK. :oops:

Chucked some new (to me) tyres, XT cranks and a mid cage XTR mech on the Rock Lobster I bought from Rob. It's almost finished now I reckon. Though I'm still thinking about a disc front end for it. Or maybe all disc if I can get an adaptor for the rear. I should be able to fund a fair bit by selling the wheels and M960 V's that are on it just now.

Attachments

• side.JPG
    side.JPG
    50.9 KB · Views: 110
Back