pace rc100 finally finished.

I always thought the Dart was front specific. Having just wrecked the sidewall of mine at Leigh Hill I'd be interested in taking one off your hands. :D

exciting times mate,

might just be me but I'd consider the same components in the groupset rather than mixing and matching XT and XC Pro..just me though and tell me to shut up when ever you fancy :)

Raymond Mole on here fabricated the hose guides for his RC100 resto by the way...he may have more or know where to get more if you wanted to drop him a PM?

Good luck, sounds like it's coming together nicely :)

Boy O Boy...any cheeky photos of how yours is coming along?

Rich

Bullseye bb

Hi!
There´s an older guy in Berlin, Germany, who bought a PACE RC 100 at the end of the ´80ies and he is still riding the bike. Or he would like to. After all the years the bearings of the Bullseye cranks are outworn and he´s looking for replacement what seems to be a bit difficult.
Is there anyone of you, who has the original replacement bearings and would sell them or do you know, if there is anybody who just made an replacement solution for the RC 100?
Thanks!
bb

Attachments

• PACE Bullseye bb 1.jpg
    PACE Bullseye bb 1.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 1,223
grips.

what grips are good for this build ?
regarding my choice of gears, i figured it came to me with xt shifters and rear mech. so why not keep them,
but thinking about it, i am being drawn to the suntour stuff, being as it seems this was originally on the bike.
just one thing. i am using my funds for the respray, leaving nothing for suntour xc stuff. i have found some in america, shifters, rear mech and seat post, but i can't stretch my budget this far at the moment.
i thought about selling the niota for a split second, then came back to reality. so i will have to put the suntour stuff on the list along with a dolomite attitude. until then i'll have to work with what i have.
new saddle arrived today.

Attachments

• IMG_4428.JPG
    IMG_4428.JPG
    36.8 KB · Views: 1,184
Re: Bullseye bb

bubble blower":68lcf8xp said:
Hi!
There´s an older guy in Berlin, Germany, who bought a PACE RC 100 at the end of the ´80ies and he is still riding the bike. Or he would like to. After all the years the bearings of the Bullseye cranks are outworn and he´s looking for replacement what seems to be a bit difficult.
Is there anyone of you, who has the original replacement bearings and would sell them or do you know, if there is anybody who just made an replacement solution for the RC 100?
Thanks!
bb

You can get new bearings that fit the outside diameter however they don't fit on the inside diameter. The solution is to have the axle of the cranks skimmed down to fit the modern bearings. Speak to Dr.s for info and assistance.

magura brake mounts

i got some magura brake mounts today, the problem with them is the brakes do not fit the mounts, basically when the mounts are pressed together, the brakes just sits loosly inside the mount, do i have to use some sort of shim to fit the brakes or could they be the wrong mounts.

what grips are good for this build?

Grab On MTN II were originally specced. Still available at CRC. Don't forget to glue them on as they don't like wet weather.

Re: magura brake mounts

videojetman":13s639vk said:
i got some magura brake mounts today, the problem with them is the brakes do not fit the mounts, basically when the mounts are pressed together, the brakes just sits loosly inside the mount, do i have to use some sort of shim to fit the brakes or could they be the wrong mounts.

Your brakes are early magura, your mounts are late evolution magura. Yo need to get some of the large plastic olive type shims that sit on the body of the brake . They are designed to allow the brake to be adjusted to fit in 3D

291.jpg

top right hand side, black plastic circular washer type thing.

Back