Does anyone actually ride a (road) bike here?

Retrobikers absent from Lincolnshire roads.

The silence of the wheels of those Lincolnshire Rouleurs is deafening...I am out for an 11 on the 11th - guess why?

Will be on the '47 Hetchins Super Special.

Rk.

Re: Retrobikers absent from Lincolnshire roads.

roadking":1zvpt2ul said:
The silence of the wheels of those Lincolnshire Rouleurs is deafening...I am out for an 11 on the 11th - guess why?

Will be on the '47 Hetchins Super Special.

Rk.

Will you be starting at 11:11:11 ?

Yup.

11 miles starting after the 2 minutes silence at the 11th hour of the 11th day of the 11th month of the 11th year.

I call it my 5/11, a unique opportunity, and I have three friends joing me thus far; it's actually a 6/11 as we're riding to 11 war memorials.

Rk.

Sounds like a great plan. If you don't mind a nobbly tyred MTB joining you I could try and wangle a long lunch that Friday ;)

Memorial Ride.

The start will be somewhere in Louth area.

I'm being ambitious (personal failing), there are 11 war memorials - stand alone monuments as well as plaques in churches, and monuments (obelisks/colums) in churchyards.

I've stopped wondering, but I've got press interest in this ride - let's see if this update get's any interest.

The sound of tumbleweed...

Rk.

Yes, a memorial ride, I have some old timers interested and possibly a vicar too!

What do you ride?

Rk.

11th November 2011.

Andy B":3n7jo2ob said:
For those who want to get muddy on Remembrance Day, there's a MTB ride starting at Binbrook. I'll dig the road bike out sometime and join you guys on a road ride

No thanks, the ride I've mentioned is a"Memorial Ride," visiting a number of war memorials in the area on what was always called Armistice Day.

Memphis Belle was filmed at Binbrook, the B17 crashed and the film nearly wasn't finished - I was there the day it happened.

More to the point Binbrook was the home of the English Electric Lightning.

Roadking.

Back