Raleigh Dyna Tech appreciation and information thread

I'd be happy with that for eighty notes... :cool:

I'd swap the bar for a straight one one though (and a higher stem if that'd be too low for you)... ;)

As for parts, if it ain't broke don't fix it - or if you're serious about originality look at a catalogue scan and get your credit card out... :oops:

hi and thanks I was thinking about a new bar as this one is kinda short too. also any ideas on some quick change gear levers instead of the thumb twist ones ??. or if someone else is selling them on here ?? or for that matter is any one selling a straight bar ??

I'm not to bothered about the parts being original aslong as they work and work well. i will be using this one as mainly a road bike.
thanks again

M-TRAX

That's nice bike you've got yourself, I really like it!

I've got an M-TRAX 2000L which I've had from new. It's a hand made frame using the (Renolds) Optima tubing and it's a really bloody stiff.

I put some Manitou Spider R's on more than ten years ago now which I bought from a mate for £25. They're OK but well past their best and could do with changing for something more, dare I say it....modern.

Any ideas on something appropriate anyone?

As for your seized and rounded seat post pinch bolt; take it to your local bike shop and ask them to drill it out for you, or have a go yourself?

max3d":25vux4pz said:
just bought this one for £80 mt-trax 1000l did i do good? also does anyone know where i can find parts etc for it and also how i can find out which parts are original??

Looks in great condition. The bars were straight and the saddle has been replaced. Other than that, everything else looks original. Nice find.

Dyna Tech Torus FS, racing at MOD champs May this year. First raced it at X-Lite Matchams challenge 1996 (after discovering a crack in a weld on my '95 frame!)

Attachments

• robin.jpg
    robin.jpg
    123 KB · Views: 1,757
Raleigh Ti Seatpin diameters?

Hi - occasional lurker but now in need of a bit of advice.
I've been a fan of Raleigh Ti frames for ages, and now on my second road ride (unpolished ti frame - 27mm seatpin - 1" steerer tube with ovalised downtube...brought NOS out of Cycling Weekly about 6 years, for £150). I've now decided to get back into mountain biking and picked what I think is the Torus, with the rear canti hanger...with the unpolished finish. The only trouble is, I'm struggling to work out what seatpin it should take. It does have a plastic shim fitted, which seems to take a 27.2 fine, but when tightened, it is still slipping - I am guessing the shim has perished over time. If anyone knows the correct tube diameter so I can get a replacement, I would be very grateful.[/img]

Re: Raleigh Ti Seatpin diameters?

HavelockEllis":2heicfiy said:
Hi - occasional lurker but now in need of a bit of advice.
I've been a fan of Raleigh Ti frames for ages, and now on my second road ride (unpolished ti frame - 27mm seatpin - 1" steerer tube with ovalised downtube...brought NOS out of Cycling Weekly about 6 years, for £150). I've now decided to get back into mountain biking and picked what I think is the Torus, with the rear canti hanger...with the unpolished finish. The only trouble is, I'm struggling to work out what seatpin it should take. It does have a plastic shim fitted, which seems to take a 27.2 fine, but when tightened, it is still slipping - I am guessing the shim has perished over time. If anyone knows the correct tube diameter so I can get a replacement, I would be very grateful.[/img]

Clean forgot - link to frame; http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/190586236895? ... 500wt_1202

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Back