Friday night is nightride night!

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
YAY!!

I'm going to get super bright.

For the first time in my life :roll:

Still tempted to make my own though. Small 12 v caravan battery and little lights that we use in the theatre with MR16 lamps. Waterproofing being the only problem. Or possibly a screwgun battery.

been there taz , the ryobi batteries are the ones the flat ones at 14.2 v running a 52 mm 12v bulb , only lasts 40 mins tho but you can fit 3 or 4 charged batteries in a camelback , maybee modern li=po etc batteries would help , but i think the drain is a bit fast
get on the bay for some cheap halogen ones

kaiser":31dvs81p said:
Taz it wasn't much cheaper than a new one.

This is the one I got

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/300573174207? ... 1497.l2649

kaiser, so after Friday night's run down at Glentress would you recommend the light you bought? Is it too much of a spot as others have said on other forums?

The one I'm thinking about has an orange peel reflector which they say spreads out the hot-spot a bit.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Yes a bit spotty, I'm going to try to get the lens for it. Only problem that reared its head was the battery connector came apart more than once. A bit better looming from me would have helped but I'll tape it next time too. Apart from that and the other stuff I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it! And would get another no probs.

OK, thanks kaiser.

Think I'll go for this one,
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/350474520700? ... 1423.l2649

It shows in pics as having an OP reflector but it doesn't specifically say so in description.
I know the chances are that there's no guarantee it'll have one when it arrives. Have bought from the seller before and it was fine.

Dunkeld / Loch Ordie run is doable in the dark - how far is that from the big weeg? It is about an hour from Edinburgh

Friday 11th of Nov

Carron Valley

Who's up for it? Same deal around 18:30 at the car park. I think enough of us have been there to know our way around. Can look into other routes as we go along, try to get some volunteers to scout out some stuff.

So anyone fancy?

Back