Trek Y Be Embarassed

Trek 1997 Y11 with new (old) kit
Had the frame sitting around for 7 or so years - rode it a lot in 2003, 2004 after buying off a mate and have now got it going again - pictures of it out and about this week.
Puts a smile on my face :LOL:

Attachments

• treky11a.jpg
    treky11a.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 587
  • treky11b.jpg
    treky11b.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 544
^Any reason why you haven't put a shorter shock on that bike? It would probably put a bigger smile on your face if you did!

good point - i have the original fox vanilla r coil shock and will give it a try, the manitou spv (added because lighter and better and had read they work well on the y bikes) -even if it is a good half inch longer than the fox i have read that this shouldn't be a problem. The front shocks are 2003 Marzocchi bomber mx comp and i figured it may compensate for the longer rear shock (as i have read on some forums). However the ride with the spv doesnt feel as good as i remember it being years ago, so will try a shorter shock as you suggest - hopefully = more :) !

You might find that the bike feels more stable / planted if you try the original shock. The longer shock is pushing the bottom bracket up really high and steepening the head angle.

Yes - the original fox vanilla feels better - and will feel better again once the shonky bushes are replaced.Thanks for pointing this out.

Back