The p**s my boss off bike thread

poweredbypies

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
Hi my first proper thread and first proper bike build. The aim of my project is to annoy the hell out of my boss, hes on about buying a ER 1 or 9.summats from decathlon. Have tried telling him he could get a much better bike for his money if he spent a few nights on here, he could grab a bargain but he wont listen. So im trying to build a decent enough bike for a quarter or less what he will pay. So far have got or on the way:

1, Diamondback coil ex frame with shock + headset + seatpost- cheers cyfa2809
2, Alivio crank arms brand new - jamabikes
3, Exotic flat bars - charlieboy28
4, Deore 9 speed shifters - fucawi

Running total £61!! Christ need to keep the spending down :LOL: Will post pics as stuff arrives and the build commences. Any thing im gonna need send me your offers please keep it cheap.

Paddy

i can do

22t chain ring
42t chain ring
stem
seat
front mech
brake cables inner and outer
gear cables inner and outer
9 speed cassette and chain
grips
couple of tubes

all for £50 to your door

Cheers for the offer chap but Im going for 1 cog on the front will let you know about the rest when I have some more bike/beer tokens.

paddy

You are so right..colleagues are spending £500 to £800 on sub standard bikes which on here you could "kit" out a bike for a third of the price and get a better "steed"..half of them come in on some "sights" that has been welded by a left handed monkey wearing a boxing glove :LOL:

Admittedly its there money..i always spread the "Retro gospel according to St.Guvnor/John" about this site and the value of tech.knowledge and help

Ernie ;)

ernie":3w30lh91 said:
You are so right..colleagues are spending £500 to £800 on sub standard bikes which on here you could "kit" out a bike for a third of the price and get a better "steed"..half of them come in on some "sights" that has been welded by a left handed monkey wearing a boxing glove :LOL:

Admittedly its there money..i always spread the "Retro gospel according to St.Guvnor/John" about this site and the value of tech.knowledge and help

Ernie ;)

Exactly hes on about buying it then changing a load of stuff on it to stuff he wants, madness. Ok mine wont have the latest xtr/x0 super stuff on it but will be buying decent reliable kit that performs just aswell just its a few grams heavier. Light is nice but if its just a case of a few gram's who cares. Performance wise much difference between xtr and deore? If its all set up correctly still shifts as sweet.

Paddy

I noticed no distingishuable difference between deore and xt :? Well actually, xt was just a tad smoother/a bit less cluky feeling etc.
No where near the extra money they charge.

@ poweredbypies... You wouldn't happen to frequent a forum for uk based cars of a Swedish origin would you?

Only ask, as there is a member with the same username from the same part of the world as you ....

G

Cool head-to-head type project. Supermarket mass produced tat churned out by people on their 8th consective shift vs retro, karma, tip find, curb side tat built with love, passion, pride and individuality.

Can we have this on reality TV?

Woz":1qqd3cgu said:
Cool head-to-head type project. Supermarket mass produced tat churned out by people on their 8th consective shift vs retro, karma, tip find, curb side tat built with love, passion, pride and individuality.

Can we have this on reality TV?

This would be soo good! Maybe we should run this as an in house competition every so often?

Latest posts

Back