AFTERMATH - National Ride Series Round 6: Leith Hill

wired99":3pkx9f9w said:
Gutted for you with those forks :( GREAT bike, i thought the old girl looked swell. A mere scratch I think :)

'tis but a flesh wound! It'll be fixed up and back good as new :D

unknownqr.jpg

BobCatMax":3pkx9f9w said:
It was soooo close between the two of you for bike of the ride :)

Thanks! :D

Many thanks to all the local organisers for a great day, and especially to Pete for leading round. A fantastic turnout and really pleased that everybody enjoyed themselves, especially those who travelled such a long way. The weather and trails could not have been better. Thanks again to the national organisers who have done a great job putting this series together. Hope to meet up with you all again soon.

Chris.

sinnett177":usip00lh said:
I had a wonderful day yesterday, thank you so much to the SE region for hosting and guiding us around those excellent trails. Thanks also to all those who attended, great to meet so many new faces and indeed put names to faces.

I took a good few pictures, below is a link to them:

http://s453.photobucket.com/albums/qq25 ... Round%206/

You got us :D

2011_1023r60073.jpg

2011_1023r60034.jpg

2011_1023r60033.jpg

Looking forward to seeing the pics of the last drop where I was sat almost on the back wheel!

Shame about the Saracen forks, can they not be repaired by somewhere like Roberts or Yates?

Carl.

nevadasmith":3azrdsne said:
wired99":3azrdsne said:
Gutted for you with those forks :( GREAT bike, i thought the old girl looked swell. A mere scratch I think :)

'tis but a flesh wound! It'll be fixed up and back good as new :D

unknownqr.jpg

BobCatMax":3azrdsne said:
It was soooo close between the two of you for bike of the ride :)

Thanks! :D

You can see the fear in my eyes being chased by the 3 ton beast with bent forks!! :LOL: :LOL:

2011_1023r60066.jpg

Great day all round - we couldn't have asked for better weather or trail conditions!
Thanks to all those to make the day and series the success it is

I also happen to agree that Swinley is good - but the riding yesterday was better. I'd be very interested in another ride on the same trails - but only when dry :)

2011_1023r60005.jpg

I'm so pleased everyone had a great time and enjoyed the route so much! My task was made allot easier with the help of Matt and Chris - thanks for helping out so eagerly at such short notice - appreciate it.

A good day! :D

Thanks to everybody for an excellent and well organised event and of course the usual RetroBike' good humor and friendliness.

I apologise for the squeaky front brake on my Highpath, but just in case you missed hearing it it features proudly on the headcam' video below.

I must say that the tracks were much smoother and less muddy than I remember from my many rides hereabouts in the mid 1980's.

Where have all the horse riders gone? And the horse hoof imprinted corrugated bridlepaths they created? At the time we used to worry about them complaining and the bikes being banned.

I also recall that after the 1987 hurricane, a "carry a chainsaw on your back ride" was organised in order to clear the paths of fallen trees. Now that's what I call trailblazing!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OpjYzEZNUtI

Great day and I'm pleased that everyone enjoyed the trails.

Happy to have been able to help out Max and Pete as Marc Two Tone so eloquently put, "life should be about giving as well as taking" and I've really enjoyed the rides that I have been on this year, and it was nice to be able to put something back into the pot.

Uncle Monty and I ride these hills most weekends so if anyone wants to come out on an informal basis for a ride and to see a bit more of what is on offer, drop me a pm.

Matthew

Back