Made to measure XMT 100 with Dura-ace (Dyna-Tech)

bikemeister2000

Retro Guru
Just thought I would post up a pic or so of my made to measure XMT100 prototype. XMT 100 is a metal matrix composite which is silicon carbide whisker re-inforced aluminium.

I built it up with a sample Dura-ace groupset.

Attachments

• DSCF3127.JPG
    DSCF3127.JPG
    145.9 KB · Views: 1,043
  • DSCF3133.JPG
    DSCF3133.JPG
    194.9 KB · Views: 1,043
  • DSCF3128.JPG
    DSCF3128.JPG
    114.6 KB · Views: 1,043
That looks incredibly fierce. High end Raleighs from the early nineties still look really high tech to me - as though they were designed by a gang of moonlighting aerospace engineers. RSP must have been an amazing place to work.

How does it ride?

Goldie":x7x6mfq9 said:
That looks incredibly fierce. High end Raleighs from the early nineties still look really high tech to me - as though they were designed by a gang of moonlighting aerospace engineers. RSP must have been an amazing place to work.

How does it ride?

Thanks Goldie. The tubes were actually made buy British Aerospace at Farnborough (BP Metal composites Division). My understanding is that they used this material for nose cones on missiles :!:

As for the ride, it's really, really, stiff and transmits all power with no significant loss. It's not "dead" like some aluminium frames can be. The Reynolds 853 stays and forks help too.

Why did they not make it into production? Dynatech's (undeserved) dodgy reputation or abandoning the top end of the market?

Some XMT100 mtb frames went out as the MT5 framset. The other orad bike made with mine was made to Matthew Postle to ride the Milk Race on.

That is wonderful, would look great sat next to my MT5 and Decade.

Badged up as M-Trax? when did that change take place. The limited amount of the MT5s i've seen are all Dynatechs

Selling?

paininthe":2q7qzt56 said:
That is wonderful, would look great sat next to my MT5 and Decade.

Badged up as M-Trax? when did that change take place. The limited amount of the MT5s i've seen are all Dynatechs

Selling?

I am impressed with your MT5 and Decade, I hope you enjoy them.

I used some M-Trax decals on it so as not to draw attention.

As to if I'd sell? Hmmmmmmm let me think............ Not at the moment. :)

Back