RIDES FOR 2012?

Night ride sound good.

I can only think of 1 bike brand from Yorkshire, :roll: I have one of them but modern :D

How about Dalby for a nightride? Did one back in june with Gil and Simonside. Great fun. Pretty central and easy to get to. Great pint in The Fox and Rabbit afterwards. I think weds night is already established as nightride night down there and are sometimes led by Adrian Carter.

Another alternative is to do a 'wherever you are' nightride like the Global one we did last year. Set a time and just ride wherever you can. It was pretty cool slogging up Glentress on friday night knowing that on a hill in Fairfax it was a sunny morning with riders out and about. Also makesfor a great photo thread and aftermath.

Si

I think that saturday's themed 'pre 96 only' ride went down well.

So for next year should we try another Special Event? How about all bikes being bikes bought for less than £30? Make it pre 96 again to make it oldskool. We will have to set some rules and have proof of purchase, but i think it could be a fun day out. Do a few prizes for the shonkiest bike on the day. Plenty of bikes out there for that price.

All sounds very "Top Gear" but yeah loving it! What about if you did the above, but then on the day drew lots as to which bike you actually got to ride? It'd help stop the "NOS porcupines? I just happened to find them in a skip on the way here..."

Si, it was pre-'98 as per this site (which was lucky for me)

Few other Yorkshire makers, Elis, Bob Jackson, On-One, probably more, I cannot be bothered to think to hard as my neck is hurting for no good reason.

FluffyChicken":e3k823it said:
Si, it was pre-'98 as per this site (which was lucky for me)

Few other Yorkshire makers, Elis, Bob Jackson, On-One, probably more, I cannot be bothered to think to hard as my neck is hurting for no good reason.

Don't mention On-one Si will have kittens :LOL: and there certainly not made in Yorkshire ;) :LOL:

There is one Yorkshire frame I would like to get my grubby mitts on....... a Paul Donohue :roll: just thought I'd mention it, if any one was thinking of selling one :shock:

Rotherhams good enough.
Didn't the early Under-1's used to be actually made in or near Doncaster (the steel's) hence the 'DN' spec drainpipe tubing.

Next you'll be saying Clockworks and Prestige are not Yorkshire because they where farmed out to the far east. :)

I see a few Paul Donohue's and the other Yorkshire brands ridden around here by the CTC lot.

(you'd think we slip On-One in on purpose ;))

FluffyChicken":3p1jtjl8 said:
Rotherhams good enough.
Didn't the early Under-1's used to be actually made in or near Doncaster (the steel's) hence the 'DN' spec drainpipe tubing.

Next you'll be saying Clockworks and Prestige are not Yorkshire because they where farmed out to the far east. :)

I see a few Paul Donohue's and the other Yorkshire brands ridden around here by the CTC lot.

(you'd think we slip On-One in on purpose ;))

I thought the "DN6" tube reference (Doncaster Post code) was made up for a magazine article and if there were any made in this country I suspect it would be just be one or two prototype frames.

I was going to suggest Strangelove but they are being made somewhere up north in obscurity :shock:

I may have to start riding with the CTC lot if there riding Paul Donohue mtb's ;) :LOL:

Ps Strangelove are very well thought out and built frames (Ive seen one in the metal, you know where to send the moneys Si ;) ) We need a separate thread about them with pics and the story so far.

Back