I've got me a Ti lady... again

saltyman":1spzlcw8 said:
Awkward Kid":1spzlcw8 said:
After a trip to Sherwood Pines today I'm feeling impatient.
Should I strip the Pace and build this up?

I think you know that answer, I bet you ain't loving the pace as much as you'd imagined either ?

Ha ha ha. You know how it is Rich. I'm really enjoying the Pace. I do know though over the same ground I was a lot faster on the Ti bikes I've had. My initial intention when the Cotic arrived was to strip the Pace, put in a box and use it once I was bored of the Cotic. Then springs ideas of two bikes... Blah blah blah (you know this one) and you end up with to many bikes you don't have time to ride. Hmmmm. I dunno what to do

So i spent a bit of time today pinching bits off the Pace and popping it onto the Cotic. Mock build. I took a step back and...

Attachments

• IMG_3466.JPG
    IMG_3466.JPG
    136.4 KB · Views: 1,025
Yup... the f~*%ing thing looks small! Tape measure out... 15' to the top tube, 17' to the top of the seat tube. Ahhhhhhhhhh! It was advertised as a medium which according to the Cotic is 18'.

Time to sell!

Decision made... keep the Pace in its current format!

Thats a bummer mate. I was looking forward to seeing this built :(

What length is the top tube? I might be worth building just to try it out....

Yup, Measure the top tube, both actual and effective/horizontal. Don't decide anything on the strength of a 1" short seat tube!
If you flog it before riding it, you'll never know...

Honestly gents... I'm fully turned off it! It's top tube length is 22' which is only 1/2' off the Pace. I just feel bher about it. I'm holding out now for a real special bit of ti, thinking Moots, Merlin, another Litespeed?
Will be after christmas before I get chance to hunt and or build.
:(
;)

Didn't you ask the top tube length when you bought it? :?
People often have a mistaken notion of their frame size... ;)

Awkward Kid":2d6w6zva said:
It's top tube length is 22' which is only 1/2' off the Pace.

Is that the Pace 104 you're talking about or the 300. The 300 you had was also a 22"tt c-c or 22.75 effective ;)

Back