AFTERMATH - National Ride Series Round 6: Leith Hill

Thanks to everyone involved in what was a superb days riding, excellent job chaps! And also making me feel welcome on my first ever Retrobike.co.uk ride :D

Sorry if I held anyone up on the downhill bits but them blooming tree roots scare the life out of me!

And to cap it off, winning the 'bike of the ride' when surrounded by such wonderful steeds was a true honour. Made my day :cool: :LOL:

Can't wait till the next one now,

Brilliant day all round.

good days riding, arrived home before midnight after clocking 534 driving miles there and back, really enjoyed the ride and a good end to the series.

Looks a great ride, gutted couldn't make it. Thanks to the organiser yesterday and of course to Mark S and noteable others for making the 2011 Retrobike National Series supported by Bikefood such a sucess :D

excellent ride, now i don't normally say that due to the fact that i complain about the hills up and down the mud roots trees cars grass gravel rocks. But i did enjoy this ride as you must of noted i did not complain to much, only about the fact i was worrying about me chickens.

bring on the real ale wobble ride which i still don't know the date to and look forward to seeing you all at the turkey twizzler.

thanks andy

Well, what can I say that hasn't already?

Great day, great weather, great trails, great company.

It was fantastic to experience trails that just don't exist up this way, it's like another world.

An clearly we were a car full of ex boy scouts finding space for Marc's prize bike in the already full car :LOL:

I didn't have my camera with me, so no pictures from me.

Looking forward to next years rounds already.

Edit to add: does anyone have this recorded on MapMyRide? I'm having a 'mare trying to upload the Garmin version in the organising thread to my account.

I've got it as last weeks recce on mapmyride dude, it's just about exactly the same, minus the pub/pit stop

PM your username on there and I'll add you :)

Fantastic day yesterday and thanks to all the organisers and ride leaders, markers and sweepers.
The dry trails were great fun, especially as winter is already well underway up here in the north. The routes we took were brilliant, the singletrack was great and the pub stop was well timed indeed.

Thanks to everyone riding a lovely selection of bikes who made it what these National Series rides have been all about. The friendly, good humoured bunch of ladies and gentlemen had me smiling and laughing all day.

I'm really looking forward to the remainder of this year and what next year has in store too.

I'll add my pictures a bit later.

Not much more to say really!!

It was brilliant, the banter was great fun. Cant wait for next year to start.

The decision to go on a ride with manflu was a bit of a drastic one to be honest......the hills towards the end of the day just killed me.!!

Hope I raised a few laughs with the couple of "offs" I had......it was the first time I had ridden clipless, dont think I did too bad really!!

:oops:

Great ride, thanks everybody who came along and made it such fun.

Special thanks to Sinett177, BobCatMax, TGR & Woodsman and everyone else involved in organising the ride.

Thanks to the amazing folk who traveled miles to get there, and a HUGE thank you to wired99 who gave me a lift over, congrats for winning 'bike of the ride'. Well deserved.

Congratulations also to all the other winners.

I spent much of the ride trying to decide who's bike I would like the most of all of them. A hard choice because there were so many fantastic bikes!

Hmmm, that lovely Blizzard? The Ti Alpinestars? Always wanted a D.O.G.S. B.O.L.X... Dell's Giant, Freshly painted Kona Kiluea, Shock-a-billy, Graham's wonderful Highpath, The electric Klein... the list goes on and on, and I couldn't decide. But today I know. :D

Which was your favorite bike?

LEITH HILL

firstly a big thanks to TheGreenRabbit and BobCatMax plus any other depAEC'S and locals involved in making sure we all got round ok. i cant remember some names but you know who you are :cool:

At the final round i knew i was level-pegging with drystonepaul on the points table so, countless efforts on both sides were made to sabotage, destroy and bad-mouth each other' bikes. i jest of course but, the fun i've had over the last eleven months has been warmly memorable. it's all good fun.

i'm very pleased to come away with the top prize! i cant wait to pull it apart and get it ready for next spring, it will get used plenty :)

sinnett177 aka mark has done a brilliant job engineering this series so, well done to you! i cant guarantee the top will fit(alpinestars) but it went to the most appropriate person IMHO. not easy to find :shock:
cheers to ARcoolC and andyB for the company both ways to this great ride.
i was surprised how much twisty, rooty and smile provoking trails are in these parts. i stand corrected.

im still knackered now! it didn't take long to drop off once in me pit and rudely awaken at 6am by the cat wanting her breakfast
:eek:

the memory card in my camera had a bad day as some pics only half loaded but here's the ones i managed to salvage.

DSCF0016-3.jpg

DSCF0018-2.jpg

DSCF0022.jpg

DSCF0028-2.jpg

DSCF0032-2.jpg

DSCF0035-1.jpg

there must have been a million punctures! but, this guy had some big tech issues but still got round. champion.

DSCF0039-1.jpg

DSCF0038-2.jpg

and lastly a pre shed shot of me new bike. rust and filth is the new clean and lubed
:LOL:

back in the spring.

DSCF0055.jpg

that's all for now. see you later.

Back