Show us what you did today, thread

Threw some more bits on the mongoose to get the tourer up and running, and what I've got is a sure contender for ugliest bike of the year!

DSC00282.jpg

Before Tuesday I've got to find and fit a front mech, set up the brakes properly, decide if I'm using the heavy, comfy saddle or a flite and change the headset. Oh, and I've got a steerer for some zokes so I've also got to decide if I'm going to get them up and running and then which forks I'm using. Current weight is (very) roughly 28.5 pounds, should stay around that what with gaining some and losing some.

The frame is really nice - best £2 I ever spent on ebay! It's very light and got some really nice details like the loop stays and a kind of diamond wishbone seatstays. Bonded alu as well so the joins look luvverly and smooth. It's had a hard life though - more chips than paint and a big(ish) ding in the non-driveside chainstay.

I would like to make a proper bike out of it but after next week's tour it'll be pressed into service as my regular commuter - better than the tip at least!

Crap deleted it :x

Runble- I have a deore top swing,either pull front mech you can have if you wish ;)
34/9 ,havent got any shims though but you can easily get them if needed

Pic returned

Attachments

• WARNING  Extreme lovliness.jpg
    WARNING Extreme lovliness.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 136
That's very kind of you, I'll take you up on that. Let me know your paypal and i'll bung you a few quid to cover p&p.

Back