Early Saracen Lovers Anonymous......

"...my latest is a Tufftrax Elite from 1992...." when there was clearly a world-wide shortage of grease. I've never come across a bike that is so totally DRY - little sign of rusty stuff - in every thread. And its certainly never seen any since it was built. Taken a morning to remove the cranks and the pedals, after a good 24 hour soak.

Agreed that is definitely a 92 Tufftrax. My first proper MTB but sadly stolen BITD.
What size is the frame? If you want to swap frames for my 20" then do let me know :)
Mine has been stickered with 93 decals by the previous owner because the original white 92 decals had become tacky and 93 was all that was available.

P1010803.JPG

Thanks!

Mine's 17 1/2" c to c and 20" c to top seat tube and a nice (for me!) relatively short seat tube at c. 21 1/2". Not ridden it yet, but judged against the others it's the right size - sorry!

The later stickers suit yours fine.

Cleaned and ready to go....'92 Tufftrax Elite, all original I think except for pedals, saddle and tyres. Careful 'baying for rack and bolts has made it a very cheap job.

TuffT2.jpg

TuffT5.jpg

Just got this dont really know much about it, the fella I bought it from replaced the rigid forks to some RST ones, wheels and the magura brakes which now have XT V brakes, the drivetrain is all XT.

IMAG0019-1.jpg

mowerman":3quw07be said:
Just got this dont really know much about it, the fella I bought it from replaced the rigid forks to some RST ones, wheels and the magura brakes which now have XT V brakes, the drivetrain is all XT.

IMAG0019-1.jpg

That is a 91 kili flyer competition hydrotech:

Saracen 1991

oldave":6t2ym2a8 said:
Cleaned and ready to go....'92 Tufftrax Elite, all original I think except for pedals, saddle and tyres. Careful 'baying for rack and bolts has made it a very cheap job.

Good work!! Very nice that!

"A heavily disguised Protrax! "

I'm idly considering a similar disguise for the Tuffty. If only pukka Dirtdrops still existed then I would!

Back