RIDES FOR 2012?

Dr S":1lah42qe said:
Temple Newsam??

spot on!

this will act as a meet point and rather photogenic ;) beyond that there's only so much that is cyclist permited however i expect quite enough to keep us quiet and contented then pickup the canal somewhere and head 'elsewhere' ;) . no massive secret but it needs knocking into shape.

marc.

Looks a nice place to start Marc, must have passed by there so many times on the A63 heading into Leeds and never remember seeing it.

If you want any company for a recce etc give me a shout.

Heres a few pics from todays bimble round the Reeth area, Ive ridden here a few times before and never been disappointed.

Its a fantastic place to ride, there are some BIG hills and it can be a very exposed on the tops, but well worth the effort.
I was wondering if the NE & Yorks riders would be interested in paying a visit next year??

Theres also some good pubs with proper ales as well ;)

Picture029.jpg

Picture039.jpg

Picture076.jpg

Picture099.jpg

Any body fancy it ?

I've had a brainwave; why don't we have a ride to celebrate Yorkshire Day on August the 1st, which will be a Wednesday? It will mean there is a ride for people who only get days off in the week. Everybody who rides a Yorkshire made bike could get a bun or something.

How about an evening ride for the 1st ? theres still lots of day light in August and if we organize it some where central with easy road access?

Back