show us your gt's

Mine (in sig) has a dogs dinner collection of parts and reckon its about 24.5 lbs from holding it and guessing

Hello from Thailand!

Here's my old faithful Zaskar. Broke my heart when I found this crack on the non drive side crank arm on these cook bros. cranks! Another problem i've been having is finding spares for the Hope brakes. If anyone has spares lying around that are unused and are willing to ship to Thailand please let me know. :D

Cheers!

pretty wild zaskar you have there groove! whats the riding like in thailand, do you hit the bush? some big mountains and jungles there right? hot and steamy too..

merckx":v49erx30 said:
pretty wild zaskar you have there groove! whats the riding like in thailand, do you hit the bush? some big mountains and jungles there right? hot and steamy too..

Thanks merckx, I live in Chiang Mai, which is in the north of Thailand and it's beautiful here! Weather's nice most of the year and the trails are great, I can step out of my house with my bike and ride 15 minutes to the base of Doi Suthep mountain and from there it's 15 kilometers of climbing up to the top.
Once you get up there you'll find a huge temple and a beautiful palace looking down on the whole city.

The best part is coming down, for roadies it's smooth winding tarmac all the way down. Or alternatively you could go trails which is quite wicked in the rainy season. In fact an article just recently came out about it @ http://bicyclethailand.com/wet-season-d ... hiang-mai/

It is proper fun!

If you don't feel like climbing, you could always go to a reservoir which is 10 minutes away from town and the views are stunning, nice place to ride at a leisurely pace and take in the natural beauty.

I rarely get to take the Zaskar out on the trails anymore because the fear of something going wrong with the brakes especially with Thailand having no spares, i'm out of luck if anything decides to break/leak. It's a shame, really.

So now my daily ride is a 1999 Voodoo D-Jab running on 1.25 slicks.

Cheers!

wow, beautiful! thanks for sharing those pics, sounds great. particularly like the shot over the railing to the misty forest canopy of the mountaintop.

yeah retro is fun, but does have its practical drawbacks. brake failure on a mountain top is not ideal :LOL:

yeah riding in the wet monsoon season sounds a bit like my younger years growing up in far north queensland, which also has the wet monsoon, and the trails get treacherosly slippery and muddy just as that story in the article suggets. sounds a bit more rain up there in thailand though. we got plenty of dry enough spells during the 'wet' as well.

Gt Outpost Trail

My GT Outpost Trail, Its not as cool as some but its an old one. Excuse the seat the missus rides it!

Back