Trek Y Be Embarassed

Reluctant

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
My Trek Y11 carbon monocoque. Although I didn't have a great deal of time for these back in the day, I think it's aged very well and far better to ride than I expected :D Not bad for a re-cycled canoe! :LOL:
P1110142.jpg

P1110141.jpg

P1110139.jpg

(yes, i know it's a bit too big for me and the seatpost needs trimming) :oops:

glad you said that about the seatpost, was gonna mention it ;)

i like the look of these but not the fact that it's a URT, i used to sell them, sort of have a soft spot for them.

:)

nearly bought one of these bitd but went for a cannondale super vee instead

think it was the same as that one

I remember MBUK featuring these when they were new and they were very marmite I seem to remember.
Not seen one in years though and they do seem to have aged well, yours looking very neat and tidy.
I quite fancy one now.

fixed this for you.

As in, you meant to say you were embarrassed by the Trek Y, but you missed a full stop.

I'm just kidding, I remember seeing a pic of the one at Anaheim (maybe the other one?) in a mag and thought it was mad, 15 year old me probably quite liked it.

That's a nice Y, and kept in good nick as well.

Was not a fan of the Y bikes back in mid ti late 90s although I do find the design pretty slick n radical looking....A Super V would always be a 'do everything' bike for me.....time passes n managed to get hold of two of these bikes, one recently built up. Maybe these bikes do age well in my books......not the best of rear suspension designs but fun nonetheless...enjoying them too along with my other bikes!

if it is too big for you, it would be worth putting a shorter stem on it. it will fit you better and also help sharpen up the handling..

Back