Cannondale F500 1998

stumpjumper1990

Retrobike Rider
BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
I never thought I would buy a frame this modern! ;) :LOL:
But I saw it advertised on the net and just had to have it. It was even better looking in real! I think it was never riden and only has some storage marks! The red color is very bright and just beautiful!

Will build this with a Rock Shox Judy (completely rebuild and upgraded) and have some blue magura's. Not sure if I should get yellow Racelines instead?!?

Here are the first pics:

GroteFoto-GZHGZDUT.jpg

GroteFoto-BTBLW4FK.jpg

GroteFoto-W8PMXB7G.jpg

GroteFoto-JMZMWIAM.jpg

GroteFoto-MT3AOKIZ.jpg

GroteFoto-W6H4WRXS.jpg

GroteFoto-POHWHAXP.jpg

Finished it today! I used the red Tomac Magura's! Didn't think it would match the red of the frame, but it does! Very happy with the result. It's going to get used and abused if needed! ;)

GroteFoto-WORWKSB4.jpg

GroteFoto-RRIVS4TV.jpg

GroteFoto-YZTXLHDA.jpg

Can't go wrong with that, looks great. Cannondales look sweet in Red.

The Red Maguras go really well too. Nice bike that :)

Rumble":25lksmdo said:
That's really lovely, a do like a nice 'dale. You didn't fancy a headshok?

I really like these hardtail Dale's, but I don't like the look of the headshock! The frame came without headshock and I had the matt black Judy in the shed.....

Looks good. Nice to see that you didn't go for the headshock.
A friend of mine asked me to service the F500 that he had in storage since new. While the headset looks special, I found it to be really nasty to drive because there was play in the steering.

stumpjumper1990":18b788uz said:
Rumble":18b788uz said:
That's really lovely, a do like a nice 'dale. You didn't fancy a headshok?

I really like these hardtail Dale's, but I don't like the look of the headshock! The frame came without headshock and I had the matt black Judy in the shed.....

Fair enough, I must say it looks pretty good as it is. I've never tried a headshok, but I'd be interested to try. Like you, I'm not totally sure about the looks either...

do i need an adaptor?

i have the same bike as you, and the fork is pretty much shot. So i was wanting to put a regular double crown fork on. what do i need to convert the bike, and how much would it cost? Thanks, Nick. :D

Hi Nick,

You would need a headset reducer from 1,5" to 1 1/8" (if the fork has a 1 1/8" steerer). Think they will costs you between $40 and $100.

Cheers,
Bart

That's lovely. I have a real soft spot for Cannondales. I used to lust over most of the '97 range just as I was first getting into cycling and came so close to buying the entry level rigid bike, but there were none in stock.

If I didn't have my old Beast of the East from the early 90's to rebuild over the winter, I'd have one of these in a heartbeat.

Latest posts

Back